Four A Miniatures upcoming Chaos Dwarfs *Tower Head Added*

Blue in VT

In case you don't look at the news feed... ;)

Hi all,

I was recently given the opportunity to paint a few of the upcoming releases from Four A Miniatures. These three are some of the new Chaos Dwarfs that they will be releasing toward the end of February. They were sculpted by John Pickford and are really great figures with an interesting take on the Chaos Dwarf.

More detailed pictures on my Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/2014 ... tures.html

Cheers!

Blue

ardyer

Re: Four A Miniatures upcoming Chaos Dwarfs *Tower Head Adde

Dwarfs with proper noses! Not like the Jennifer Grey-esqe dwarfs a certain company is releasing this month :lol:

Blue, out of curiosity, what color did you use for the highest-highlight red on the dwarf in the red enameled armor above?

Galadrin

Blue, I am sure you are already well aware, but it deserves mentioning: you are an excellent painter! I love the shield in particular.

Now we have Four A, Bederken Dwergs and Clam's Ewal Dvergar. Wasn't there another company that does a very good stand-in for the old Citadel MM90 Chaos Dwarfs? I seem to remember a UK company that sold four or six unique packs of four models each (they were expensive but great matches for the old models).

cheetor

Re: Four A Miniatures upcoming Chaos Dwarfs

Blue in VT":18g7p1o9 said:
I put the finishing touches on Tower Head and got some decent photos.

Beautifully painted and it looks like a nice sculpt. A bananas sculpt, obviously, but nice.

Im not terribly au-fait with the Chaos Dwarfs. Is that guy a dead ringer for a particular old troop type? Or is it just an excuse to include a memorably bonkers miniature in an army?

phreedh

I find it funny that the old red-era chaos dwarfs from GW had chimney top hats... Surely it's a dig at that?

Great job, Chris!

Blue in VT

I hate to be that kind of guy.....but....if you look at my blog post about this mini (linked with the picture) you will see my thoughts about the influences that show up in this figure.

Cheers,

Blue

cheetor

phreedh":1i0hme5c said:
Surely it's a dig at that?

Definitely I would think. I thought I might be missing some additional reference. Considering there is a whole other guy standing in the hat I thought I might be missing out on some other in-joke about blunderbuss or cannon teams or various troop types or something.

Its a cool range of models being shown in an enviable light by Blues painting no matter what.

Blue in VT":1i0hme5c said:
...you will see my thoughts about the influences that show up in this figure.

I had read your post, I just thought that I may have missed something really obvious that everyone else took for granted :)

Blue in VT

Sure...the Big Hat connection is something I overlooked in my blog post but I'm sure it was mixed in there as well....though I prefer not to think about that dark era in Chaos Dwarf design... :?

The guy popping out of the town has no real corollary that I'm aware of...Just John P. Having fun IMO.

Cheers,

Blue

Mr Saturday

I cannot say without gushing how much I love these figs, all the more with Blue's paint job. I'm super happy to have them in the to-paint pile. Hee hee!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Blue in VT

ardyer":2sx2gkk0 said:
Dwarfs with proper noses! Not like the Jennifer Grey-esqe dwarfs a certain company is releasing this month :lol:

Blue, out of curiosity, what color did you use for the highest-highlight red on the dwarf in the red enameled armor above?

God those new Dwarfs are terrible ...I'm having a hard time hanging out at Bugman's right now with all the Phan-Bois falling over themselves gushing about the new releases. $50 for 10 plastic pieces of shit!

Anyway...to the actual question at hand...I honestly don't remember what that paint is called. Its an ancient one from the early 90's...I think it is Blood Angle Red?? even though its really orange...? I'll take a picture of it when I get home and post it up for your reference.

Sorry that wasn't very helpful... :)

Blue

Blue in VT

Mr Saturday":xmgmhrz5 said:
I cannot say without gushing how much I love these figs, all the more with Blue's paint job. I'm super happy to have them in the to-paint pile. Hee hee!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Gush away! the sculpts are fantastic! I just hope that there will be more in the future.

...also thanks for the nice words about my painting. Being asked to paint these by The sculptor himself is a great honor for me...so it has been a pleasure to work on these. I still have a copy of Johan to do up for him. Coming soon!

Cheers,

Blue

ardyer

Blue in VT":9t9hipex said:
ardyer":9t9hipex said:

God those new Dwarfs are terrible ...I'm having a hard time hanging out at Bugman's right now with all the Phan-Bois falling over themselves gushing about the new releases. $50 for 10 plastic pieces of shit!

Anyway...to the actual question at hand...I honestly don't remember what that paint is called. Its an ancient one from the early 90's...I think it is Blood Angle Red?? even though its really orange...? I'll take a picture of it when I get home and post it up for your reference.

Sorry that wasn't very helpful... :)

Blue

Nah, don't worry about it. That is good enough. I know which one you're talking about and my oldest red isn't that old anyway ;)

I actually like most of the new dwarf troopers--minus the tiny noses. How do they breath enough air under ground with those tiny schnozes??? And yea, I rarely pay $5 a piece for classic miniatures, why would I pay that much for new ones :lol:

Blue in VT

Exactly! Why pay that much for less than great sculpts when you have a much better alternative...often for less money.

...whatever...I don't want those people driving up the prices of good old metal anyway! 8-)

Cheers,

Blue

Chico

Um.. err.. Opps I thought I already commented on this before.. :o

Anyway Blue as we both hailed from CDO, you know I love my Chaos Dwarves and these are painted up stunningly :) Good job.

Ti Pouchon

Blue in VT":3mvxk784 said:
Sure...the Big Hat connection is something I overlooked in my blog post but I'm sure it was mixed in there as well....though I prefer not to think about that dark era in Chaos Dwarf design... :?

You know what they say... If Morley gives you big hats, wear 'em with pride!

CD02.jpg

CD01.jpg

CDwFunnyHats.jpg

CDwGirlHat.jpg

Haters gonna hate. But me, I love me some big hat action. It takes a real man to wear a real hat.

Naagruz

Nice work on both fronts! Love your painting Blue.
The sculpts remind me of the Rackham Mid Nor dwarfs, especially the tower guy. I could go with a whole army of short, boar guys. :grin:

Back