Chaos Shields

Blue in VT

I don't know of good alternative that has the hole in the middle. But I bet several folks around here have extras. How many you need?

Might be worth a thread in the market place.

Cheer,

Blue

Naagruz

Classic Citadel shields are amazingly simple. They never even detailed the back.
Would you be comfortable cutting your own out of P-card?

Pretty much just cut out a p-card design, put a hole in the center, & create a lip with putty. Brads can be added with p-card rod or GS.
I'll post up a walkthrough when I get home.

Orlygg

You can pick up shield sprues for a couple of quid on ebay if you are patient. Ignore the silly prices, though Wargames Foundry do some good metal shields of similar size.

thanks to everyone for the helpful comments and offers :grin:

My modelling skills are a little rusty Naagruz and as I don't know what P-card is I'll probably try and buy some.

If anyone has any for sale I'm going to need about 20 for a Realm of Chaos era warband.

Orlygg":fzh0klmc said:
You can pick up shield sprues for a couple of quid on ebay if you are patient. Ignore the silly prices, though Wargames Foundry do some good metal shields of similar size.

thanks for the heads up. I'll check these out.

Citadel Collector":334s24e4 said:
I've got loads of them. Let me know how many you need and I'd be happy to send you some.

I need about 20 for my warband if you have spares. Happy to pay a fair price.

Erny

Yep can you tell the difference between the real marauder shields and press moulded ones in this unit? I found the best way to ensure really good detail was to paint in some liquid green stuff first then when dry build up with the normal stuff.

DSCN1379.JPG

Aiteal

Erny":10s5pfp1 said:
Yep can you tell the difference between the real marauder shields and press moulded ones in this unit? I found the best way to ensure really good detail was to paint in some liquid green stuff first then when dry build up with the normal stuff.

That's an excellent tip Erny, I'm gonna give that a go with the lion head chaos shield later.

I am making some digital ones now for Darkling games. They will be in metal and the hole only goes halfway... you have to drill the middle out if you want the boss... however it means no filling!

shield.jpg

Erny":3hbjcugk said:

DSCN1379.JPG

These look great. Do you use the GW liquid green stuff or is there a suitable alternative. I've seen Valejo plastic putty mentioned on other forums.

zoggin-eck

Amazona Gothique":3mzlpdll said:
I am making some digital ones now for Darkling games. They will be in metal and the hole only goes halfway... you have to drill the middle out if you want the boss... however it means no filling!

That sounds great. I'm always amazed at how many people have digitally designed custom bases, helmets, weapons and so on, but something as obvious as shields still seem to be lacking!

Erny

Count_Sessine":j05vbjlz said:
Erny":j05vbjlz said:

DSCN1379.JPG

These look great. Do you use the GW liquid green stuff or is there a suitable alternative. I've seen Valejo plastic putty mentioned on other forums.

Yep the GW liquid green stuff, paint it into the details then fill the mold with it. I shrinks back into the detail as it dries. Fill to level with normal green stuff and draw a nice wooden boards pattern into the back, finally before it dries add a depression in the center.

Christian

That's a great idea, and I suspect a great confidence builder for anyone thinking about doing some sculpting :)

I always go past a pack of that stuff and think: I should get it! But never do!

Back