Foundry paint system.

rattylee66

Hi all.

Just lately been finding that the quality of the modern Citadel paint range has dropped sharply with certain colours being of poor quality from new sealed tubs.

Been thinking a lot about changing my main go to paints from Citadel to another company.

One company that seems to have a lot of appeal is Foundry. Does anybody here have any experience with the paints. What is the consistency, how well do they cover, how do they differ from the new citadel line and do they come close to any of the older Citadel lines of paints?

Best wishes, Tony.

Orjetax

I think they’re great.

I’ve found the consistency much better than the recent vintage citadel paints.

I’ve enjoyed the Austrian White triad.

Also the African and Middle Eastern skin tone triads.

Madder red makes for an excellent more realistic red cloth.

Have liked the ochre triad for blonde hair.

And I’ve never been disappointed by any Foundry paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fimm McCool

I love them and have now switched almost entirely from Vallejo to Foundry. You do need to note, however, that they are designed for a three-stage painting system (which I don't use) and so the 'B' paints in each triad are more watery/translucent than the A and C paints.

rattylee66

I think I will give them a go. Just ordered four triads to see what they are like. One of those was the Madder red triad. I believe they are in those wonderful vintage style pots with white flip tops.

Fimm McCool

rattylee66":2rmhzkd7 said:
I believe they are in those wonderful vintage style pots with white flip tops.

They are. The ones with useful paint collecting trays in the lids but an irritating habit of the hinges and tabs breaking off leaving you with a pot which creates quite a mess every time you try to carefully open it...

jon_1066

I fired my Flesh Shade across the kitchen whilst trying to close it one handed. The base slipped as I applied pressure to the lid. Not a pretty sight - I wasn't sure which was worse - the paint on my fresh models or sprayed up the back door (obviously the stuff on the models as they were cleaned first)

Back