Marauder MM94/2c Chaos Centaur which plastic horse?

inchmurrin

Gallivantes

If you mean fit as in a perfect join fit I would be inclined to say no, as the neck join comes with a distinct curve on those old horses and I'm sure the cavity/hole profile is different from any other too. I have others, like the 4th edition plastic GW horses, with and without barding, also the larger spiky plastic chaos steeds from around 6/7 ed and the neck joins are all different. So if you are looking for a perfect fit ready to glue on without gaps you'll probably only find them on these older horses.

With a bit of modelling putty you probably have many options. The original horses are quite rangy, larger then the 4th eds so those could end up looking a tad puny maybe. The 6th/7th ed placcy spiky chaos armour horses are more a similar height to these though so they might provide a suitable body you could source more easily. They definitely have more bulk both in anatomy and armour plating so maybe even too big? But if you're happy with a rather monstrous look to him it could be a good fit I think. It would need sorting in the saddle area, but a layer of chainmail putty on his back would sort him out I think.

I've got one of the white horses knocking around that you can have for postage. It'll need stripping, but PM me if you want it.

inchmurrin

Thanks for the help, suggestions and generous offer. I may go for the armoured option as I like the idea of overkill on the look , this is chaos after all and maybe for the khorne warband? I'll keep the forum posted.

Back