Kitbash grav tank/Rogue trader revisited

leadeagle

Has any built a grav-attack lately? Or ever? I'm thinking of starting a Adeptus custodes force for rogue trader and like the idea of the custodes making heavy use of that tech. I'm going to compose the force of 3 elements. Custodes on foot, custodes on jet bikes, and custodes grav-tank. I wantusethe old deodorant grav-tank concept but updated using the forge world models as insipation. I want to know your thoughts on the original, rules that you liked or didn't, and any ideas you have. I love a good Kitbash. I'm actually better at that then assembling the kit as standard. I will post some wip pics and feelnfree to reply with any pics you may have. Thanks.

Orjetax

Chiming in to say that’s a great concept for a force I haven’t seen done before. Should look great.

I don’t have any suggestions of substance. Never been much of a vehicle guy and only do the most basic conversions myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone has made some nice grav tanks using an old computer mouse which looked really good:

IMG_1437.JPG

The blog post about 'em is here: http://blackwidowpilot.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... -free.html

The computer mouse grav tanks look splendid! Some years ago, my younger brother sanded down carefully sawed-out wooden blocks for the basic shape of one tread tank and three futuristic grav tanks. He is very skilled at such fine machine-sanding of wood, yet the project has not moved beyond this stage since. The plan is to spruce up the blocks with various complex details, and a simpler detailing work familiar from Rogue Trader days would undeniabaly speed up the process and make completion more probable.

Looking forward to WIPs here!

inchmurrin

LIke the idea and the mouse based ones. I actually built a deodorant grav tank from White Dwarf for my son as I'd been building and converting them from when I was his age no photos I'm afraid !

Back