Ork Gobsmasha WIP

So a while back Chico asked if anyone wanted to make the old Gobsmasha that was in a White Dwarf in 1991. Now, I had fond memories of making things out of cardboard as a kid and now that I have money and know where to buy things like plasticard, I got excited to have a chance to relive some good memories.

So here are my photos so far. I am building 2 hoping that at least one will be good...one is almost done. The other has the big bits done (the chassis and the wheels). I am really happy with how it looks. I thought for sure I would start and give up so am happy to have one mostly done. The one mostly done has some ugly mistakes but thankfully being an ork vehicle, this is more easily forgiven. The second one is much tighter overall so am excited to get that one complete.

Once I complete these, I have to decide if I am going back to painting or going to try and build something else. I am more of a model collector and painter and usually hate putting models together, but this was super fun.

Chico

WOW THAT LOOKS AMAZING.. Ahem.. sorry for caps. You have a rather good talent for this kind of thing no doubt :)

Naagruz

That's great & it's even better that you enjoyed building it!

P-card is amazingly fun stuff that can be hard to put down once you get rolling with it. :grin:

Nice plasticard skills! The learning curve on any project makes the second try better than the first. I'm just usually so sick of a build after the first, I never get around to making the second more improved version.

Chico

Heh I think maybe the next build should be a Ork Lungbursta or Braincrusha :) Keep the Ork theme running hehe

The Inner Geek":lco53s6t said:
Nice plasticard skills! The learning curve on any project makes the second try better than the first. I'm just usually so sick of a build after the first, I never get around to making the second more improved version.

This is why I built 2 at the same time...I knew I would lose motivation at some point and this helped me actually get 2 done.

The lungbursta looks pretty easy as well...if I dont get distracted by other shinny objects I may give another one a go. I'd love to build one of the big ones...

Back