Chaos grav-attack help

ogryn

Hey guys
I need some help building a chaos grav attack for my RT black legion.
Any ideas, help or inspiration would be great.
I have no problem buying something if some knows of something worthy.
lmk
Thanks
Bill

ogryn

I get it, I am old enough for that one.
:)
Looking for more details or inspiration for my deodorant flyer.

Asslessman

I'm going to do one for my chaos renegades force. don't know what will come of that one but deo stick plus star wars toys bits and rhino equipment should do the trick !

There was an online competition run through LAF called 'trash-bash' where the idea was to use scrap stuff to build models. Try googling it.

mbh":3v321m9r said:
start with a stick of deodorant
A lot of folks in the games stores now days could use this bit of advice.

Maybe it's no coincidence that no game bothers to suggest them for conversions anymore. They just assume the kids wouldn't have any laying around...

ardyer

The Inner Geek":2urpck0x said:
mbh":2urpck0x said:
start with a stick of deodorant
A lot of folks in the games stores now days could use this bit of advice.

Maybe it's no coincidence that no game bothers to suggest them for conversions anymore. They just assume the kids wouldn't have any laying around...

Sorry to derail the original thread, but back when the US had multiple Games Days, that was always the thing I like about the Atlanta one better than the others. Far fewer of those kind of gamers and far more bathed and appropriately dressed people. It just made me feel like less of a total loser :lol:

mbh

oh man

gamer stink is so brutal. I never really picked up on a gaming company suggesting gamers use one of their old sticks of deodorant in a conversion.

Back in the day I remember making the grav tank on sick day from school. I never ended up using it in a game.

roebeast45

I'm glad someone pointed out my blog. I'd love to see a chaos version of the deodorant grav-attack so please share pictures when you're finished. I've made a couple of vehicles from them and have a couple of ideas still to finalize.

There are several Trash Bash related articles on the blog so please check them out:
http://roebeast.blogspot.com/search/label/trash%20bash

I'll be doing another Trash Bash contest next year. Rick Priestley is one of our judges and he's been great with his support of it. Besides he started the whole thing.

I was in my local GW the other day; the stench of unwashed bodies was vile!! I was so embarrassed to say to my girlfriend 'this is my hobby and these are my peers!'
Absolutely horrendous!!

Back to the thread....I love those old RT grav attacks! Classic conversion!!

Tubehead

ardyer":2yvozo18 said:
I hope he gets the reference or he might think you just told him he has bad personal hygiene :lol:

:lol: For those of you who aren't grizzled oldhammer vets, here's the source of this Grav-Attack deodorant business to clear up any confusion:
ZJlipHL.jpg

P.S. Forgive my gratuitous necroposting. It passes the time...

Tubehead

twisted moon":3o3bypij said:
that's fantastic; please give us a breakdown of parts.
Oh thanks. :)
Let's see...
The little bumps here and there are little plastic pearlized multicolored sticky-dots sold on plastic sheets at the local 100-yen store.
The lower fuselage is a 100-yen store flashlight.
The engine-housing bells are simply PET bottle lids and eye drops bottle lids nested within one another.
Many parts began life as pieces of Busou Shinki or figma figure sets.
Some leftover bits of miscellaneous gashapon toys are in there too.
But probably the key factor in making it a successful model was eyeballing the balance between the ribbed section of the deodorant container as it pertains to the placement of the back-swept engines stuck to the sides.
Those engines are mainly cylindrical bits from a set of children's wood block toys.
The door/boarding ramp is a piece of rubber I found lying on a playground. I think it fell off some kid's shoe. :)

symphonicpoet

I have an old one from back in the day in need of restoration, but I have a vague plan to do up a bunch systematically. Even collecting materials for the job. Anyway, nicely done! Can't wait to see it properly painted up. I'm a sucker for old deodorant skimmers.

Back