Model Color - Russian Uniform Grey

Chico

I've been playing around with other companies paints since the last Citadel paint change up, not because I no longer like the Citadel range more the fact I just finally took the plunge.

Now I was looking around for paints which were like the Citadel Foundation Paint Battlefield Grey, the Dakka Dakka paint chart suggested Model Colour - Russian Uniform Grey. So I ordered a bottle (Along with a few other colours, and I'm already using the Hexed Lichen Purple) and the paint came but when I looked at the Russian Uniform Grey its looks rather green unlike the dark grey/blue richness of Battlefield Grey and nothing like the colour charts.

So question is do I have a mislabled bottle or is Model Color - Russian Uniform Grey meant to be so green?

Ant4812

Have you tried brushing some onto a bit of white plasticard or something like that to see how it looks when it's dry?

Just John

If you mean Russian Uniform Green (code on the bottle is 70.924) then yes it is green and no it looks nothing like Adeptus Battlegrey. DakkaDakka got that one very wrong.

I think this is more or less the vallejo colour

SP01-Stage2.jpg

ardyer

Chico":36akr090 said:
I've been playing around with other companies paints since the last Citadel paint change up, not because I no longer like the Citadel range more the fact I just finally took the plunge.

Now I was looking around for paints which were like the Citadel Foundation Paint Battlefield Grey, the Dakka Dakka paint chart suggested Model Colour - Russian Uniform Grey. So I ordered a bottle (Along with a few other colours, and I'm already using the Hexed Lichen Purple) and the paint came but when I looked at the Russian Uniform Grey its looks rather green unlike the dark grey/blue richness of Battlefield Grey and nothing like the colour charts.

So question is do I have a mislabled bottle or is Model Color - Russian Uniform Grey meant to be so green?

I will say this about the Vallejo Model Colors, some of them are labeled one color and clearly not (Greens, Browns, and Greys are the worst) and some of them look one color in the bottle and dry the color they are labeled. A lot of that comes from being for military modelers--if the German army called a particular shade "green," Vallejo labels it German Green too, regardless of the actual color.

Chico

Thanks for the replys,

This is the colour swatch I was shown the colour to be, and it is indeed the colour on that Tank (Thanks JJ)

$T2eC16Z,!)8E9s4l8BQ2BR+,ntpFT!~~60_12.GIF

Oh well, will make a nice colour to paint my new project in.. I give you a clue there's more then 7 of them and they have shooty things :)

Just John

That colour is more like VMC 70.870 Medium Sea Grey, but it can be hard to match digital version of colours. One tip with vallejo shake the bottle and once your satisfied its shaken shake it again. VMC take additives like matte medium and flow aids really well - I really like them.

Chico

Just John":499uppg0 said:
That colour is more like VMC 70.870 Medium Sea Grey, but it can be hard to match digital version of colours. One tip with vallejo shake the bottle and once your satisfied its shaken shake it again. VMC take additives like matte medium and flow aids really well - I really like them.

I loved their Hexed Lichen and Gory Red, I have a few of the other colours come with the now known as '' Failed Grey'' in my house paint, I've yet to try. One thing i have noticed with some of the colours (Hexed Lichen most of all) is that they stink lol

That stupid paint chart from Dakka Dakka is absolute drivel! I bought some Vallejo Extra Opaques hoping the colours would be a good match for the old GW foundation range based on that chart and quickly realised it was at best inaccurate. VEO Heavy Warmgrey is listed as being the closest match to GW Foundation Dheneb Stone when it's actually a light purplish grey (perfect for highlighting Genestealer flesh!) rather than the light cream of Dheneb Stone. I think the chart was put together to just match 'x' amount of paints from one range with 'x' amount of paints from another without really checking the colour matches.

Chico

Yeah i found a use for Russian Uniform though, Orc Flesh lol.. not quite what I wanted to start with heh. Might have to get some VEO Heavy Warmgrey though, sounds quite nice.

Back