Warcolours nostalgia '88 paints

General questions & discussion involving all things painting, modeling & photography. 

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 am

I impulse-purchased the entire nostalgia '88 range recently and I am pleasantly surprised at how bright and vibrant the titillating pink is in the set. From reading the realmofchaos blog I know that it is hard to find an equivalent colour to old citadel titillating pink. Having not had the means or the money to indulge this hobby until fairly recently and thus being a bit of an oldhammer poseur, I was hoping someone could tell me how the warcolours titillating pink compares to the original stuff.

As an aside, were any painting guides for the heroquest miniatures ever published in books / white dwarfs of the period? I would love to follow along with a Mike McVey guide and paint my gargoyle the way it looks on the back of the manual (or as close as I can get with my current skill level). :D

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:23 am

Re: Warcolours nostalgia '88 paints

There was a guide in the Marvel Heroquest Special (Paint your wagon, er, orc!), but it was largely Advanced Heroquest minis.

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Post Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:27 pm

First time I hear about this. very interesting, as both my pink and bilious green are ruined.

So do bilious green and titilating pink really smell like the original? I'd but it alone for the scent-evoked nostalgia.
++++http://area-23.blogspot.com++++
-If you don't believe in lead, you're already dead-

Post Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:50 pm

Bilious green. Sweet memories... I swear WFB increased not only my maths but also my vocab.

Return to Painting & Modeling