Gold paint replacement

dazza36

Hoping someone can help me.

I need a replacement for my nearly gone pot of citadel 'shining Gold paint. I looked at a paintchart which suggested 'gehenna's Gold but when it turned up I found it was way more orange ! From looking on GW site they do a couple of other golds Liberator and Auric. Ideally I would look in person but have nowhere nearby that sells GW paint. So if anyone can suggest which would be closest I'd very very grateful

ardyer

Are you referring to the old shining gold that had a green tint? If so, the closest I've found is Vallejo Model Color Old Gold.

dazza36

No not the original, the version before the last GW paint change. Which I then add green to try and recreate the original version LOL.

I'm not a fan of vallejo metalics which is why I'm looking at the GW versions and hoping one of them is a close match.

Orjetax

Great topic. I’ve got the same question but for a different shining gold . . .

ardyer":3orn9g22 said:
Are you referring to the old shining gold that had a green tint? If so, the closest I've found is Vallejo Model Color Old Gold.

Ardyer, would that be the old hexpot shining gold? I’m low on mine and dread finding a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ardyer

Orjetax":2cpzi5z9 said:

ardyer":2cpzi5z9 said:

Ardyer, would that be the old hexpot shining gold? I’m low on mine and dread finding a replacement.

Yea, the old flip top hex pot. It's not a perfect match. It's a little darker and a tad less green than I remember the old shining gold being. But I ran out of that in the 90s so my memory might not be 100% accurate.

dazza36

ardyer":28yp9rju said:
Orjetax":28yp9rju said:

ardyer":28yp9rju said:

Yea, the old flip top hex pot. It's not a perfect match. It's a little darker and a tad less green than I remember the old shining gold being. But I ran out of that in the 90s so my memory might not be 100% accurate.

The shining gold I want was the one after the hex bottle which when added with some bright green was bear identical to the hex one. I'm really wanting to stick with GW so again does anyone know if the 2 colours I mentioned at start are a close match to either the first 2 versions of shining gold.

Berkut666

I find the army painter Range a close match. They have “greedy gold” that sounds close to what you want

Funnily enough, there is a newsagent/model shop near me which sells citadel hexpot paints. Many of them look suspiciously like they are dried up though. They also have on the shelves a very outdated set of warhammer 40k in Italian :lol: I think they have a very low turnover of stock.

Back