[8-19-17] Willmark's Dark Elf Army Blog- Project Rebirth

General questions & discussion involving all things painting, modeling & photography. 

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Re: [8-5-17] Willmark's Dark Elf Army Blog- Project Rebirth

They are looking very good. I love the war altar as well
My blog http://quendilsworld.blogspot.co.uk
You can never have too many projects!

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Many thanks.

I've worked on them quite a bit this week. I also scored a dark elf repeating bolt thrower for $12! I might have them finished this weekend.

And got 2 more glade guard models for my wood elves do they might get painted soon. I like these models better than the 3rd edition wood elf warriors, plus I use the actual 3rd edition wood elf warrior minis in my wardancer units anyways.

Another possibility is my unit of 20 hobgoblins pictured on the previous page. Not sure I want to paint more green after ten years of my Chaos dwarf Army.

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 pm

As discussed the Dark Riders are more or less complete. As I noted up-thread the horses mainly just needed to be touched up and the riders were stripped and repainted.

I toyed with using them as Doom Riders but settled on Dark Riders. I think they fit the unit type better. Of course that means down the road I'll need to purchase Doomsteeds off of eBay which cost a LOT of $$$$$.

Anyways here they are. I finished them about a week ago, and the banner just this AM.

Next up I just finished a unit of Whelp Masters with 5 warhounds and handler. Another unit of 5 are underway, but the handler is a 4th edition marauder minis which I don't really like, looks like I'll need to get another 3rd Edition one... Also I have a unit of 10 Shadows nearing completion as well as a unit of 10 Doomdrakes currently being painted; in short lots of stuff underway!
Previous

Return to Painting & Modeling