[9-4-17] Willmark's Dark Elf Army Blog- Project Rebirth

General questions & discussion involving all things painting, modeling & photography. 

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:43 pm

Re: [8-5-17] Willmark's Dark Elf Army Blog- Project Rebirth

They are looking very good. I love the war altar as well
My blog http://quendilsworld.blogspot.co.uk
You can never have too many projects!

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Many thanks.

I've worked on them quite a bit this week. I also scored a dark elf repeating bolt thrower for $12! I might have them finished this weekend.

And got 2 more glade guard models for my wood elves do they might get painted soon. I like these models better than the 3rd edition wood elf warriors, plus I use the actual 3rd edition wood elf warrior minis in my wardancer units anyways.

Another possibility is my unit of 20 hobgoblins pictured on the previous page. Not sure I want to paint more green after ten years of my Chaos dwarf Army.

Post Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:15 pm

As discussed the Dark Riders are more or less complete. As I noted up-thread the horses mainly just needed to be touched up and the riders were stripped and repainted.

I toyed with using them as Doom Riders but settled on Dark Riders. I think they fit the unit type better. Of course that means down the road I'll need to purchase Doomsteeds off of eBay which cost a LOT of $$$$$.

Anyways here they are. I finished them about a week ago, and the banner just this AM.

Next up I just finished a unit of Whelp Masters with 5 warhounds and handler. Another unit of 5 are underway, but the handler is a 4th edition marauder minis which I don't really like, looks like I'll need to get another 3rd Edition one... Also I have a unit of 10 Shadows nearing completion as well as a unit of 10 Doomdrakes currently being painted; in short lots of stuff underway!

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: [8-19-17] Willmark's Dark Elf Army Blog- Project Rebirth

UPDATE
I didn't get the first pack of Whelp Masters photographed so I'll have to show some other updates.

Finished off a bunch of units for this latest update, a unit of ten Shadows being one. As you can see they are fairly eclectic: Back in the day I just bought what I could find so I ended up with a mixed bag. I didn't intent them to be next, but they came out much better then I expected and better then the photograph indicates.

Next up is my first completed Repeating Bolt Thrower. I got a great deal where I probably spent $35 total for both including the shipping from the UK, not a bad deal. As you can see I made a small base for everything to tie in the icy woods of Naggaroth.

Next up? Photographing the first Whelp Master unit, another unit of crossbowmen (now at 20) and my repainted Cold Ones unit of 10, mostly likely fielded as Helldrakes. The Cold Ones are well on their way to being completed. In the case of the crossbowmen I need to duplicate a few more crossbows via Instamold as I'm missing a few.

Now I probably hear you say "Hey Willmark, what about the other compulsory choices?" Glad you asked, for the warriors I have the following plan:
* 1st warrior unit. After sorting and removing the plastic warriors from 4th/5th I'm left with needing 3 more. I know which models I want and will be grabbing them off eBay. A few of the minis will be getting some green-stuff additions to their armor to make them more cohesive. Will be a unit of 20 when complete.

* 2nd warrior unit. Currently stands at 11. This is my Mengil Manhide's unit. The plan here is to boost them to 20 via eBay.

* Which Elves- I have enough for 20, but that is if I include 8 Marauder Witch Elves which I do not like. So the thought here is to get some of the dark (drow) line from GW, they come up occasionally on eBay so I'll need to be patient there.

After that I'm thinking the altar will get its own guards and separated out from the Witch elf unit proper. Back to the scratch built chariot perhaps too.

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Re: [9-4-17] Willmark's Dark Elf Army Blog- Project Rebirth

Great conversion for the war altar and solid colour scheme, basing and paintjobs! Really fine force so far, of a great old range of minis.

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:41 am

Oldhammer is where its at!

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:45 am

Awesome display bases!
Previous

Return to Painting & Modeling