What paint brands do people recommend?

General questions & discussion involving all things painting, modeling & photography. 

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Re: What paint brands do people recommend?

some paints no amount of shaking will mix, you need to get a cocktail stick and give it a stir.

Post Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:08 pm

I like The Army Painter paints. Their colour range has just dramatically expanded too.
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst."

St. Paul

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 pm

Stormbringer wrote:I like The Army Painter paints. Their colour range has just dramatically expanded too.

Second this. With their color primers too its a massive time saver

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:08 pm

Berkut666 wrote:Second this. With their color primers too its a massive time saver

I just use Molotow spray paints. Cheaper and a more varied range.

Post Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:19 pm

What are some brands and colors that people recommend for a more realistic uniform green?

Based on what I've seen, I suspect the answer from many will be Vallejo model colors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:05 am

I use a mix of paints. Mainly Citadel/GW but more and more Valleyo Game Color and other ranges from Vellejo.

Post Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:41 am

Coat D'Arms is my go-to brand for most painting but I use a lot of other paints too - Privateer Press (great consistency, high pigment), Vallejo (mainly for historical stuff), Army Painter (mainly for the excellent washes), Foundry (I am colourblind so their 3 colour system and the Coat D'Arms triads take some of the guesswork out of mixing) and a bit of older GW (good for metallics).

My approach has evolved a bit since I first started painting in about 1982, when I favoured Humbrol enamels - straight silver for anything metallic, with the obligatory bright red blood dripping from all edged weapons.
Previous

Return to Painting & Modeling