Some Oldies and some Scenery

RedSkullz

Hey guys! Ive been collecting neglected oldhammer armies(some newer) and have been painting and working on scenery for various games. Ive developed a fondness for old 'hammer fantasy figs and have been trying to collect the marauder era.
Anyways here is some stuff i have painted in the last year.(not all oldhammer, hopefully thats alright!!)

Chaos
Keeper of secrets

Egrimm Von Horstmann

Vampire Counts:

VC Scenery

RedSkullz

Gah...i meant to post this in the Showroom category...if a mod sees this could i ask that it be relocated? Thanks

Niibl

Re: AW: Some Oldies and some Scenery

Bloody great paintjobs I'd say.
Crisp with well selected colours.
What did you use as water for the pool?

RedSkullz

Thanks for the compliments!
The "Pool of the Rising Dead" water was made with envirotec lite. The bottom level was tinted with windsor + newton black ink, and the upper layer was tinted with W+N brick red ink.

RedSkullz

Alright ive been working hard to get some scenery done for necromunda...introducing my first scenery pieces for my necromunda board.... 5 toxic sludge pits. Made from polystyrene(pools),1/4" foamcore(walkways)covered with drywall tape, 2 color tinted envirotex lite(water) using windsor + newton ink, and straws(filled with glue, foam is gorilla glue), handrails are 1/2" wire fence. Detailed with mechwarrior bits and computer parts. Two of the pools i tested tinting resin with scorpion green paint and it gave a fairly unique appearance. The other 3 i used my old tested true black tint, followed with apple green tinted upper layer. Sorry if some of the pics are bad...its hard to try to hold the camera steady on the tripod in macro mode.(lost my tripod connector)

Test pool 1 (scorpion green around the floating can)

Piping Sludge

Toxic Walkway

Double Pool

The dump

Harry

The pools are great and I love the base with the skellies coming out of the ground.

Fimm McCool

I particularly like the bubbling around the skeletons, was that intentional or a happy accident? And either way, how did you do it? :)

RedSkullz

Thanks so much for the comments. I have typed up a detailed step by step but I am having computer problems an will post next week when I get it fixed.

Back