Backdrops

Asslessman

Hey people,

i've thought about it for a while and I know believe we could all benefit from sharing whatever bagckground pictures and all we happen to find for the greater good. Painting a good model is one thing, basing it correctly is even better, but is photogrping it in fornt of a white or even blue to white backdrop the best we can come p with?, certainly no.

Just look at what you can achieve :

JD_TabletopHeroes1.jpg
JD_TabletopHeroes2.jpg
JD_TabletopHeroes3.jpg

What I welcome people around here is to share those images you find on the webz so you use them later or let other people use them.

I'd suggest you only paste th elinkto the images so everyone has access to the source (minimum respect)

I know I'd want to take mics of models in fornt of those :

Peter_Elson_Divergence.jpg

john_polgreen_space_travel.jpg

This is where 4chan kicks ass. Go to the wall papers board, and trawl through, or start a sci-fi or fantasy background/scenic artwork thread yourself (not sure how many images you have to post yourself as haven't used that board to post before):

http://boards.4chan.org/wg/

You need to save a copy yourself as the data is fairly fast and high and threads get deleted frequently, in some sections every few minutes (bu they will have maxed images and responses in that time).

WARNING: A good chunk of 4chan is NSFW and there's a lot of stuff in the other sections that once you see it, you can't unsee it. But wall papers, oh yes. /tg/ is also the traditional games/board games section, might find stuff in there.

Otherwise this is pretty epic:

1413100854258.jpg

or this:

1413208019485.png

Tex

Great idea for a thread!
I'm particularly fond of the backdrops used in old WDs articles and I'd love finding something in that style
I love this one, too:
JD_TabletopHeroes3.jpg

Asslessman

Padre":1qbo109b said:
Or you could use model scenery as backgrounds like I do.

Ideally I'd love to have th ebest of both worlds, scenery is mandatory I agree and I really ove what you achieve with your pictures but I'd also like to have some more atmospheric material with the backdrops (rising suns, stranges skies, foggy lakes and all...). there is also the fact that I am not much of a player now and don't have any scenery for now (or so little of it...).

Blue in VT

Dude....dogging the blue background...harsh... :? In case you haven't noticed your avatar is on a blue background!

Seriously though it's all about what you are trying to achieve. To showcase figures and pjs I think a gradient background is perfect. To set a scene and tell a story then scenery and or a photo backdrop are the way to go. We are really talking about two different things

If you want o be really inspired by amazing set ups and photography check out the archives of the lead painters league on LAF. Very talented folks involved with that comp.

Keep the images coming...some quality ones already posted!

Cheers,

Blue

Asslessman

I completely agree. I'll keep using th eblue background (or maybe something a little neutral) just to show a paintjob without adding any distraction but once in a while, just placing th emodel amlong some others in a little scene can prove worthy. Even just placing a backdrop behind a game could be good, I love to see blokes behind th etable like any ither guy but if I could have just a little sky or something just to ease the immersion that could help.

Suber

Wow, love all these pieces, beautiful!
I'd try to look for something worth of (and should really try to paint some myself, but still have to improve a lot!)

Back