Project ChangelogThis post is subject to change. Please check back for updates. Please PM Galadrin for a working rules document once it is announced below. All community discussion can be read below.
The rules draft is still in layout and production, but we can start to spitball some ideas. This is what I have so far (presume a 4th Edition base game, except where noted):
- As per 4e, but Rallying Phase comes at very end (test to rally and, if failed, move fleeing units by dice roll, as per 4e). That way, if a unit flees combat, it will have a one turn head start after the initial pursuit. Intended to make units flee and return to battle multiple times in a single game. A unit must be at least 8" from any enemy in order to rally.
- Weapon rules from 4e, except Handgun is -2 Sv @ 6" and -1 Sv @ 12" (Pistol is -2 Sv @ 6")
- New Weapon Skill Table as hybrid between 3rd and 4th, intended to reduce damage during melee combat and emphasize heroes:
- +1 to Hit when charging
- Combat by initiative, but double initiative for charging unit. Dice off initiative ties each round. Intended to make Initiative more dynamic when charging or recieving the charge. For example, Orcs (I2) vs Humans (I3) or Humans (I3) vs Elves (I6).
- Strength 5 reduces armour save by -1, S6 by -2 up to S10 by -6. No armour penalty from S4. Intended to make armour more prevalent.
- You can only kill models which you can touch. Intended to curb the dominance of powerful characters and monsters.
- Weapon rules from 4e, except Additional Hand Weapon is +1A, -1 to Hit and -1 Initiative.
- Armour Save roll of 1 always fails, even for 1+ Armour Saves.
- Flanking with a regiment of at least 5 models negates rank bonus.
- Combat Resolution reduces Leadership for break tests, as per 4e. This is curbed by the reduced deadliness of combat.
- Dice roll flee and pursue (as in 4e), but fleeing unit not destroyed if caught. Rather, attacker gets free hack (all attacks automatically hit, no shield bonus to armour save).
- Frenzy adds +1 attack instead of double attacks, but otherwise unchanged from 4e.
- Army-wide panic tests when General is slain.
- As per 4e. Opponent must approve any choice that is either a Special Character or more than 33% of your army points.