Oldhammer Legacy Crew 2017 Vote

What should we use as out 2017 Oldhammer Legacy Crew theme?

• 1. Road warrior themed street gang - Kinda symphonicpoet kinda ramshackle_curtis

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 2. Inquisitorial retinue - Fimm McCool

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • 3. Bloodbowl team - weazil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Space Fleet/BFG - weazil

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • 5. Necromunda gang - weazil

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • 6. Veterans of Galactic Wars Chapter - symphonicpoet

• 7. The Away Team the classic interplanetary landing crew - Zhu Bajie

• 8. Khaotic Kosmic Kultists - Zhu Bajie

• 9. Astrozombies - Zhu Bajie

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 10. Xenomorph Safari - Zhu Bajie

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 11. Rainbow Warriors and beyond - Zhu Bajie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

symphonicpoet

Okay. I guess we need a poll. :grin:

I suppose I really ought to create a second poll for the spot color:

1. Rainbow
2. I I wish I'd suggested a second option

;)

Gallivantes

Howdy,

I will likely sit this one out but look forward to spectate the development. Question: Would it be considered poor etiquette to vote if I don't plan to join? I'd happily cast my vote but if that's not how this is meant to go down then of course I won't.

I wasn't around for the previous so I don't know the drill :)

symphonicpoet

I don't know. That's a very good question. Kind of the Boaty McBoatface question, isn't it? If it were me, I think I'd only vote for an option I actually wanted to join, and then if something else won I wouldn't feel obligated. But your mileage might well vary. I don't think I voted on the 2016, and I'm not much of a chaos guy, so I didn't feel too awful sitting it out. A little awful, but just a hair. On the other hand, I fully intend to join this one. ;)

Zhu Bajie

Historically, I think the colour theme has been a second round of suggestions then vote, after the model theme was decided.

Zhu Bajie

I like an Inquisitor retinue and I like a Necromunda gang, but which is best?

Only one way to find out!

FIIIIIIGHT!!!

symphonicpoet

I'm kinda curious if this stays tied down to the wire. Maybe I shouldn't mention that I left vote switching enabled? ;)

inchmurrin

We should try a variation on the single transferable voting system - eh sorry my political science tendencies coming out there ;) .

Actually why not have a runoff between the tied projects so people who voted for other ideas get a chance to give their views on the top scorers.

Zhu Bajie

Taking my harry hill joke seriously, run both the top two, so instead of one warband, two competing warbands, like a scenario, Inquisitors vs. Necromunders. One could have one colourscheme and the other a different one?

symphonicpoet

Political science is all well and good, but I am an amateur and trying to keep this simple. I would have to google that. (Or ask.) If we end up with a tie a runoff seems a sensible solution.

inchmurrin

Everybody is confused by STV especially me, google doesn't help. Maybe we don't need a run off now with the "late" vote?

symphonicpoet

We only have twenty two votes so far. I'm a little surprised at that as I feel there were more actual physical entrants in recent contests. Of course . . . maybe people like painting more than voting. ;) STV was the default option on the poll creation wizard, actually. I just left it that way figuring it wouldn't hurt anything. All that said, there is yet time for damage or salvation.

OuteRimTim

As I was the only member to vote for the Rainbow Warriors faction, and wanting to have a vote the matters, Ive switched my vote to Inquisitorial Retinue.

As an aside, I support the idea of an Inquisition Retinue vs. a Necromunda gang. The figures from the legacy project could then be used in inclusive closed loop games.
Just my two pennies.

Matt in PA

Tim, Your two pennies makes sense (or do they make cents?). The numbers are about right, too, if everyone who voted gets an entry in on time. Best of both worlds!

symphonicpoet

Well, it looks like the Inqusitorial retinue is the winner. I almost hate to say this, but I like OuteRimTim's suggestion that we run the two top themes, since they were pretty close and they're rather diametrically opposed. Tim's right. They'd play well against each other. It makes this a little bit more complex, but if the past is any indication, we'll have enough miniatures for two teams. Could even raffle them separately. I hate to get too creative, but . . . I like the idea. If that sounds like a plan I'll start a sign up thread this weekend.

Back