Oldhammer Legacy Project IV: 2017 Suggestions

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:52 am

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Project IV: 2017 Suggestions

Golgfag1 wrote:What race?

Well, I don't think race matters in the Away Team, Rainbow Warriors and beyond, Kultists or Astrozombies. Multi-racial teams are very compatible with Rogue Trader - which I think answers the 'pick a game' question for all of them.

Xenos hunters could pretty much be anything, from Kryomeks to Genestealers to Albulls to goats, and their hunters anything with a gun and a bit of a hunting pose, and some imagination.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Zhu Bajie wrote:
Xenos hunters could pretty much be anything, from Kryomeks to Genestealers to Albulls to goats...

Delicious!

I've decided on my vote!

More seriously, I like this idea as a way to explore some of the more "DIY/open universe" aspects of RT vs. the more narrowly defined canon that followed.

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:51 am

These ideas sound great. I'm definitely like the idea of having a diversity/inclusivity theme.

I'm new to the forum, so this would be my first challenge. Are there any hard and fast rules I need to know about?

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:02 pm

I can't speak for anyone else, but my only hard fast rules for miniatures are to have fun and play nice. There's some softer rules for specific games, but those are the two biggies. The last couple of wardbands have been pretty darn broad and inclusive, maybe because folks have a pretty diverse set of interests. We had everything from frogs and orks to an Oderus Orungus in the last sci-fi band. It was quite the flash crew of pirates. It actually made the classic RT space pirate diversity seem . . . well . . . we went past that, I think. Which takes some doing, as they made a lot of different sorts of space pirates in the day. Honestly, I expect this will be probably be similar, but with slightly different fluff and a different spot color. But anyway, welcome!

Post Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:57 pm

I just realised that the Away Team and the Xenomorph Safari could be merged into a single theme like Intergalactic Explorers or something like that.

Another idea could be to create a team of Super Heroes and/or Villains, although I'm not sure how they would fit into any game.

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:53 pm

I like the rainbow theme - it sits very nicely with me. At this stage all the suggestions are of interest except blood bowl and space fleet...I don't really consider BB SciFi, and space fleet may well lack the creative spark / excitement element.

I also need to add that although I've enjoyed running previous projects enormously, I'd like to take a back seat this time round. Which is nice that symphonicpoet seems to be making a great start for 2017... ;)

Post Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:48 pm

I quite like the Space Fleet / Battle Fleet Gothic / C43 Spaceship / C44 Dreadnaught Spaceship / Aerotech or otherwise micro-scale space combat concept. Squidhead on the Warhammer Forum did some amazing things with lego, wall plugs and bitz. I'm also reminded that the Citadel Compendium advert 'Rogue Trader' was intended to have ship-to-ship combat rulez. A micro-kitbash, flying base thing could be cooool.

Post Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:36 am

Rainbow theme looks universally accepted. I say we just throw a poll up with all the tabled suggestions and get on with the voting. It's going to take me 11 months to get something painted anyway, so I need to get started!
Image Image Image Image

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:42 am

As a newcomer I am very interested in taking part whatever the theme. That said, the idea of the Away Team has tickled my fancy.

Post Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 pm

Max Bialystock wrote:As a newcomer I am very interested in taking part whatever the theme. That said, the idea of the Away Team has tickled my fancy.

Same here. I´ve not painted that many RT or scifi minis and I´d like to give it a try.
PreviousNext

Return to Painting Challenges