Octobers Painting Challenge with Halloween Bonus

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Octobers Painting Challenge with Halloween Bonus

Despite a hectic month I managed to finish these.

Ten brave dwarfs defend the mountain pass to their craggy home.

Donator

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Excellent work on excellent figures! Well done indeed!

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks Blue, kind of you to say so.

There'll be more to come!

Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Really nice work on those dwarves VanLoon, I'm particularly impressed with the faces.

Unfortunately I've no nice finished pictures to show. As I suspected I might, I've failed a bit on this month's challenge, the orcs are getting there but still a long way from done.

I think part of my problem is, seeing some of the wonderful painting on this forum, I'm trying to run before I can walk. I think I need to get a few units under my belt doing things a bit quicker and easier, then try to push myself a bit more on the character models.

On a more postive note though, I do think that when these chaps are finished they'll be better than any of the painting I did back in the day, thanks to some of the stuff I've learned from the fine people here.

Also, when it comes to sentencing, there's about 300pts of chaos painted that I'd like to be taken into consideration.

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:59 am

Thanks Grumdril.

Just looked at your chaos models on your other thread - if your orcs turn out anything like them they'll look great. They're already well on the way - love the skin tones.

Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:07 am

Had a nil month this month.. painting mojo left me and I only got 6 ghosts painted..

I am reworking how I approach painting minis and have decided that instead of painting 1 army at a time I am going to have 3 painting projects on the go. This way when I get bored I can swap to a new army from the list :)

So I am sorting out the following
Fantasy - My Undead Army (seeing as its started).
40k - My rogue trader marines (I have done 1 test mini and am happy with the result).
Necromunda - Various minis when I need a break as I have almost all the minis released and some from confrontation too..
Plus the occasional monster of special mini when I get really into the painting malarkey.

I will be sorting my Marine force into a pic for the [Muster] soon (hopefully Sunday) and catching up on my neglected blog..

MD
Visit my blog of 1st-3rd edition fantasy minis and some rogue trader stuff at some point
http://wargamingwithleadferraris.blogspot.co.uk/
I will be posting weekly in theory..

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Aaaaaaaand done !

My "Malal Demon prince" aka "giant werewolf" aka "Vargulf" is done, I tried to stick to the halloween theme and to the autumnal weather with him :

Image Image

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:27 pm

That's rather cool, doesn't scream Malal though :( Still much better then I can do :)

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:33 pm

No I know, I actually wanted to give him 6 eyes to make hil lookl like the description of a greater demon and stopped before because I was satisfied with it (plus I can make it count as something else). He definitrely gave me the will o build a true greater demon of Malal though...
What makes him Malalesque is his half ripped face which reminds the black/white skull plus he has ripped his face by himself (a reflection of Malal's self destructing nature) and his giant wolf head with lots of teeth kinda look like a greater demon (at least that was what I had in mind when I built him, plus the checkers look a bit malalesque right?) I can do better on the greater demon...

Post Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:50 pm

Okay as I said earlier I gave up this month.. didn't really have the motivation to paint fantasy minis and spent most of my time working anyway..
but I did get some minis done.

A few more picks will be on my blog tonight as I will be updating :)

MD
Visit my blog of 1st-3rd edition fantasy minis and some rogue trader stuff at some point
http://wargamingwithleadferraris.blogspot.co.uk/
I will be posting weekly in theory..
PreviousNext

Return to Painting Challenges