Octobers Painting Challenge with Halloween Bonus

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Octobers Painting Challenge with Halloween Bonus

Mutantdale wrote:John they look like a warmaster mini, kev adams Snorkling from wargames foundry and a carrion rider to me..

MD

Is exactly what they are. Black Ernie is a carrion wraith, one of his champions is a Kev Adams Snorkling, the other is Warmaster chaos. The main force of Creeplings are Warmaster Night Goblins and the bigger ones are Pendraken Night Orcs.

They started out because I wanted to see if the Warmaster Goblins would fit in a Snotling force. Then I built fluff around a clan of Snotlings who live in the very deepest, darkest caves and are of a particularly malicious bent. The Creeplings are regarded as the Black Sheep of Snotling kind.

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Damn you Fimm now I want some!

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Damn you Mutantdale now I want some!
Night Horrors are a firm favourite of mine too - looking forward to seeing yours all painted up.
ImageImageImage

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:32 pm

One day a band of brave adventurers broke the seal on an ancient burial mound and set about pillaging, ahem excavating the tombs within. Some hours later after much screaming and the like a curious hobbit named Baldwin rose from his picnic lunch to investigate. To his horror he saw four ghostly shapes emerge from the barrow.

Dropping what remained of lunch he ran back to the village to raise the milita, who contemplating a long campaign settled down to roast a pig.

Baldwin terrified at this lack of urgency from the militia and still not having recovered his appetite ran to the woods to summon extra help

And thus begins the tale of Baldwin the Hungry, Hobbit Hero.

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:42 am

Orcs ('cos I fancy doing some orcs), a lovely old troll, some of the "new" Foundry mercs, and skellies for the Halloween theme:

I need to improving my spray undercoating technique - all those light bits on the figures are bits I missed with my spray.

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:04 am

My Favorited Troll, a selection of orcs and some new old figures a lovely selection.

I have the same problem wit spray undercoat - I use a watered down Vallejo grey to finish off. I also find that this helps me spot a few mold lines or blemishes that I missed when cleaning the figures.

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:05 am

Just John wrote:I have the same problem wit spray undercoat - I use a watered down Vallejo grey to finish off. I also find that this helps me spot a few mold lines or blemishes that I missed when cleaning the figures.

I'm lazy and impatient so I'm just going to paint over the gaps and hope for the best.

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:42 am

I always use several coats of black spray, from different directions, to have a good coverage.
But even so, I must finish it with a brush...

For the challenge, I was too impatient, so I've begun before the week-end.
This evening, I will post a pic of them in their black glory (as they were wednesday), and another one of them as they stood now.
My knights have started to receive the first coats of painting (steel is done, and I've begun to paint the heraldry in the first of them).

So I promise you : if I finish them before the deadline, I'll add some stuff to my october challenge (V2 terminators or IG, for example...).
Old and new minis, GW and non-GW, commission and personnal work, it's at http://studiocaillou.blogspot.fr/

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:49 am

Just a quick reminder for people to get their photos in today (if possible) Also for all those Noobs over the last week you are more than welcome to join in late as we're not the best time keepers here in the Almost Monthly Painting Challenges.

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:31 pm

I'll do my necromantic Hobgoblin Shaman and some skellies
Attachments
shaman.png
shaman.png (250.47 KiB) Viewed 3582 times
Image Image
PreviousNext

Return to Painting Challenges