Octobers Painting Challenge with Halloween Bonus

Orlygg

Blue in VT":1i8nq2rk said:
Ambitious! I like your attitude! 8-)

...who are the little blokes in the background?

Blue

They are a section of my 10mm Saxon army from the Battle of Maldon. They are an East Saxon fyrd.

Fimm McCool

Just John":3ar1heuw said:
There we have it - who will win in a celebrity Deathmatch between Ti's Giant Monster Frankenstein Monsters and Fimm's dread snotling overlord BLACK ERNIE MACSCHMUK

Good stuff so far - keep it coming

Now there's a fight I'd like to see...

Ti Pouchon

Fight? Fight?!
OK, here's a very intimidating pic of the first pair of monstrous monsters:
1186289_516616778408698_756820167_n.jpg

...or what's there of them atm, rather.

The pair of Frankensteins are still mostly limbs floating in a vat of acid, so no pic of them.

Just John

I'm intrigued - very intrigued! At the moment my moneys on the snotlings, but only because yours look armless...

Fimm McCool

The evil, well, naughty at least, snotling warlord Black Ernie MacSchmuk! With two of his mistrusted champions.

And his horde of Creeplings, the smallest, most, well, creepy! of all snotlings.

The based guys at the back are my colour reference, I did a trial base for all my snot units last month.

Attachments

• DSCF0119.JPG
    DSCF0119.JPG
    821.3 KB · Views: 5,247
  • DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    822.6 KB · Views: 5,247

Just John

Is Black Ernie a Carrion Rider? What are the other figures - these are obviously an elite band of snotling warriors :grin:

Mutantdale

Okay pics of my entry 44 minis from the night horror range.. Missing from the pics is the 3rd mummy variant as he has only just arrived via Chico (cheers mate) that I will add in once its been through the paint strip program and a vampire which is already done
Its not the full set but I am slowly working towards getting them all.. so if you have any spares you don't see let him join his friends in a happy place in my lead bunker ;)....

Anyway pics.. I am not going to rush these just try and get as many done as I can over the next month or so.

onto prep and basing next followed by an undercoat then slapping colours over them.

MD

Fimm McCool

Mutantdale":1aw16ne9 said:
John they look like a warmaster mini, kev adams Snorkling from wargames foundry and a carrion rider to me..

MD

Is exactly what they are. Black Ernie is a carrion wraith, one of his champions is a Kev Adams Snorkling, the other is Warmaster chaos. The main force of Creeplings are Warmaster Night Goblins and the bigger ones are Pendraken Night Orcs.

They started out because I wanted to see if the Warmaster Goblins would fit in a Snotling force. Then I built fluff around a clan of Snotlings who live in the very deepest, darkest caves and are of a particularly malicious bent. The Creeplings are regarded as the Black Sheep of Snotling kind.

Ti Pouchon

Damn you Mutantdale now I want some!
Night Horrors are a firm favourite of mine too - looking forward to seeing yours all painted up.

Just John

One day a band of brave adventurers broke the seal on an ancient burial mound and set about pillaging, ahem excavating the tombs within. Some hours later after much screaming and the like a curious hobbit named Baldwin rose from his picnic lunch to investigate. To his horror he saw four ghostly shapes emerge from the barrow.

DSC_0005.JPG

Dropping what remained of lunch he ran back to the village to raise the milita, who contemplating a long campaign settled down to roast a pig.

DSC_0002.JPG

Baldwin terrified at this lack of urgency from the militia and still not having recovered his appetite ran to the woods to summon extra help

DSC_0003.JPG

And thus begins the tale of Baldwin the Hungry, Hobbit Hero.

Orcs ('cos I fancy doing some orcs), a lovely old troll, some of the "new" Foundry mercs, and skellies for the Halloween theme:

DSC_0147_zps622703cc.jpg

I need to improving my spray undercoating technique - all those light bits on the figures are bits I missed with my spray.

Just John

My Favorited Troll, a selection of orcs and some new old figures a lovely selection.

I have the same problem wit spray undercoat - I use a watered down Vallejo grey to finish off. I also find that this helps me spot a few mold lines or blemishes that I missed when cleaning the figures.

Just John":2w1vhnl9 said:
I have the same problem wit spray undercoat - I use a watered down Vallejo grey to finish off. I also find that this helps me spot a few mold lines or blemishes that I missed when cleaning the figures.

I'm lazy and impatient so I'm just going to paint over the gaps and hope for the best.

tancrede

I always use several coats of black spray, from different directions, to have a good coverage.
But even so, I must finish it with a brush...

For the challenge, I was too impatient, so I've begun before the week-end.
This evening, I will post a pic of them in their black glory (as they were wednesday), and another one of them as they stood now.
My knights have started to receive the first coats of painting (steel is done, and I've begun to paint the heraldry in the first of them).

So I promise you : if I finish them before the deadline, I'll add some stuff to my october challenge (V2 terminators or IG, for example...).

Just John

Just a quick reminder for people to get their photos in today (if possible) Also for all those Noobs over the last week you are more than welcome to join in late as we're not the best time keepers here in the Almost Monthly Painting Challenges.

Aiteal

I'll do my necromantic Hobgoblin Shaman and some skellies

Attachments

• shaman.png
    shaman.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 5,346
Back