Octobers Painting Challenge with Halloween Bonus

Just John

Welcome to the 3rd edition of the Almost Monthly Oldhammer Painting Challenge. For any newcomers this is where we all set our selves a challenge to paint a unit (of any size) within the next Oldhammer month (which seem to be about 6 weeks long).

This time round I figured we'd add a bit of a theme to it. Given that Halloween is at the end of October how about trying to tie in with that and paint up something spooky or icky! This doesn't have to be undead and it isn't compulsory so don't be worried if you don't have anything suitable.

Take the week to decide what you are doing and try and have the minis undercoated and based for the weekend.

Octobers Offerings

Aiteal - Hobgoblin Shaman & Summoned Skeletons
Asslessman - Giant werewolf / Malal Greater Demon
Basement Dweller - Nagash! and his buddy Skippy the necromancer
Blue in VT - Some Brets we've never seen before - honest
Chico - Skull Chucker (Completed)
Citadel Collector - Orcs & Troll, Mercenaries & skeletons
Don Hans - Chaos Cavalry x1
Erny - late medieval/early renaissance citadel fighters
Fimm McCool - BLACK ERNIE MACSCHMUK AND THE CREEPLINGS
Grumdril - Orc Archers & a scary Chaos Warrior
Hetz - skelly cavalry from the Skeleton Army box, maybe some Nightmare Legion
Just John - Halflings, Treemen & Wights
MBH - 6 trolls, 5 centaurs and some classic chaos warriors
Mutantdale - 44 x Night Horrors
Orlygg - Nightmare Legion
Tancrede - 8 x 80s bretonnian foot knights
Tartar Sauce - Orcses, lovely Orcses
Thansants - Skeleton Army & War machines
Ti Pouchon - 2 spooooky giant monsters
VanLoon - !0 x Dwarves
Vistenholder - Ogres
Zedmeister - 3 Shadowswords, 4 Chaos Dreadnoughts 4 stands of skeletal Chaos Androids (EPIC)

Asslessman

This week is the fonal rush for the August challenge so here is the entry for October's. I'll stick with something easier than a whole unit and will bring this baby :
What could be better for a Halloween themed entry than a giant werewolf / Malal Greater Demon ?

Attachments

• DSC_7340.JPG
    DSC_7340.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 9,845
  • DSC_7341.JPG
    DSC_7341.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 9,845

zedmeister

Going to go for a bit of a scattergun approach this month as well as adding in an extra for Guy Fawkes night. Pictures coming on the weekend, but I intend to paint:

3 Epic Shadowswords
4 Epic Chaos Dreadnoughts
4 stands of skeletal Epic Chaos Androids (for that Halloween theme)

Harry

Defo up for this. Need to paint some stuff up for the GROG 'Night of the living lead' event in October.
Not sure just what I need yet ... but something spooky.

tancrede

So I will paint and base some 80s bretonnian foot knights (planned 8, but it depends of current commission work).
Starting pic of undercoated minis before the end of the week !

Orlygg

Nightmare Legion for me. The boxed set. Will clean, photograph, undercoat and upload here as soon as Foundry Perry knights and Saga Anglo-Saxons are complete!

Mutantdale

Chico you will get that done by tomorrow add in the legion too..

My entry will go up tonight it is going to be a load from the Night Horrors range ;)

MD

Just John

Looking good so far - I don't think Orlygg will mind if you enter the Nightmare Legion as well Chico. Anyway as MD says you'll have that painted before the rest of us have even undercoated out entries :grin:

Chico

Just John":rp9yidsz said:
Looking good so far - I don't think Orlygg will mind if you enter the Nightmare Legion as well Chico. Anyway as MD says you'll have that painted before the rest of us have even undercoated out entries :grin:

Mutantdale":rp9yidsz said:
Chico you will get that done by tomorrow add in the legion too..

My entry will go up tonight it is going to be a load from the Night Horrors range ;)

MD

I haven't much time to paint in the next few weeks as I have family aka Mum and Auntie visiting and what little painting time I have is for painting my 'Stealer Cult and a shiny new project yet to be announced.

Blue in VT

Can any one guess what I'll be doing!? Yes....the same thing I was supposed to do last month....my knights are still
Waiting.

But maybe I'll give them....sssppppoookkyyy....paint jobs....probably not...but maybe. :)

Cheers,

Blue

Erny

OK I'm in.

We are planning an Oldhammer Horror night ourselves in Cambridge. I have to paint up some defenders for a small Empire town. Grubby, squalid, pathetic unlike the 4th ed equivalents.

Que my small collection of mid 80's late medieval/early renaissance citadel fighters. Add to them a shed load of old citadel foundry mercenaries and we have:

20 Helbiltzen.

20 armbrustschtzen.

30 Ersatzsolder

30 landstrum.

The odd daemon too.

Pictures soon though what to include for this month is yet to be decided. I've converted a bunch of the new foundry casts to reduce the duplicate level.

Fimm McCool

A snotties unit for me, BLACK ERNIE MACSCHMUK AND THE CREEPLINGS....

They're so creepy they give even other snotlings the willies!

Ti Pouchon

I'll be doing not one but two spooooky giant monsters. Monsters!
Aaaand... two spooooky "Frankenstein's monster" monsters.
Monsters!

Just like the doctor of old I'll have to assemble all (well, most) of those monstery monsters yet, so I can't provide "before" pics I'm afraid.

Hetz

I'll attempt some skelly cavalry from the Skeleton Army box, maybe some Nightmare Legion too :grin:

Just John

There we have it - who will win in a celebrity Deathmatch between Ti's Giant Monster Frankenstein Monsters and Fimm's dread snotling overlord BLACK ERNIE MACSCHMUK

Good stuff so far - keep it coming

Orlygg

image_zps320d7e0c.jpg

The Legion is assembled. Next step, to file down the rough stuff, remove flash and base with sand. There is a lot of them isn't there? I have worked out that I need to paint one mini a day to get them finished in time. My plan is to undercoat in black, drushbrush and wash the metal, block in and wash bone. I'm going to leave the fabrics to last.

Just John

Lovely to see a full legion - don't worry too much about time, its all kinda relative in this neck of the forum.

Back