Re: What about a nice group project?

Right then - I've assembled all my components:

TzeentchKnightComponents_zps8bc2d217.jpg

Just need to make him now!

More background information in my newly created blog

Asslessman

This is looking sexy dude!

Good thing you're making a blog, I hope it will give us the chance to se emore of your work.

May I suggest 2 things considering the blog (when you've got familliar with it) :
- you could add a follower widget to help people follow you in one click
- you should consider getting rid of the captcha thing for comments

I'll give you a shoutout in my next post (next week).

axiom

Thanks for the blog suggestions - duly made (let me know if I've incompetently failed at anything!).

I took some time to make a start on the Bee Knight this afternoon - here's the progress so far, complete with a mini bee hive and smoker:

BeekeeperMockup_zpsb0a89832.jpg

More info in the blog!

Asslessman

I saw you did and it's great!
Really love you beesmoker and the mini hive.
I also really love the way the knight looks quite thin and not too bulky. damn I hope I get my parts soon, unfortunately, th ebasic material will be considerably less honorable than what you used (dare I say I will use a plastic knight...on a plastic rooster... :? )

axiom

Made some more progress on the Bee Knight last night:

BeeKnight100913_zps2a5a1d2e.jpg

The steed is pretty much done barring the addition of a saddle. The Knight himself however still needs a bit more attention.

More pics and detailed commentary in my blog :)

Asslessman

Looking great.
Just received my parts and started some modelling.
I'll see if a dettol bath can get rid of the paint on the plastic toy I'm using.

Pics to come before the end of the week.

Mister Rab

Great, just what I needed - a distraction :mad: :lol:

Now I'm searching for a swan (living near Bedford, you see) or large riding bird - I've lived in so many towns I've regularly changed address, so Change will also be my theme and I reckon I'll try for a Tzeenchian knight on birdlike mount.

Asslessman

YEAH !
Welcome on board for this project, no deadlines here, just pleasure and distraction !
I'm adding you to the first page.

If you look in page 4 of the thread I listed a brand that does all sorts of animals in plastic if you're having tough time finding a swan... ;)

axiom

Nice one Mister Rad - looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Schleich do a pretty decent swan (available for £3.85 from John Lewis and no doubt many other places):

ScheichSwan_zps65ae6e16.png

Where are those pics you promised Asslessman? ;)

I did my Bee Knight beekeeper's hat veil thing last night. I don't want to hear any suggested improvements - this was the third (and final!) attempt:

BeeKnightHeadA_zps9d1922ca.jpg

More pics in the blog.

Now, any suggestions on how to model scale bees?

Mister Rab

Well, chaos bees would be huge I reckon.... so why not use a couple of the old stirges from one of the D&D lines if you can find them at a reasonable cost, at least to use them as a modelling template?

The pair at this auction look perfect, if pricey: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citadel-A...07?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL&hash=item4ac8e097b7

Otherworld do some as well: http://otherworldminiatures.co.uk/shop/dungeon-monsters/dm9a-stirges-4/ but their paint job makes them look more bat-like than the pair on ebay :?

(BTW - I'm having so much trouble with the swan, not really liking any of the toy swans out there, that I think I'll just go "bird" and maybe use the Brandenburg terror bird :?: )

Asslessman

Ok, As I launched this project, I believe showing some actual progress in it is the least of things.

I stripped the rooster in acetone (dettol didn't work at all) by small dips not to damge the plastic/rubber, just to remove the paint and it proved very efficient. The model is actually very detailed and will paint easily I believe. Here is the beast based :

I'ma apologising in advance but I chose the easy way over the oldschool way for the knight and bought myself some plastic bretonnian (which I find actually very good). I still need to add some green stuff saddle and straps (plus a shitload of details) but here's the idea :

I think I'll add rare earth magnets to change the right arm (maic sword or lance or some other things).

Asslessman

OK, sorry for the wrong photos, didn't check the names properly :

The naked rooster :

And the same with the rider on top :

Attachments

• rooster1.jpg
    rooster1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • rooster2.jpg
    rooster2.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,199

axiom

For a pre-painted soft plastic toy, that's got some really nice detail!

Great looking figure and I reckon that rooster would be a seriously tough creature to tackle. Good work!

weazil

I always suspected those Bretonnians loved huge cocks. That knight looks especially satisfied with his ride.

Back