The month of Marsh- season of Mists and mist monsters!

I made a forced march, er, marsh and wrapped up my month's challenge. I cheated a bit, though. More pics and rambling commentary http://www.zerotwentythree.com/2016/03/ ... marsh.html

fmarm033016_zpsokgdonq3.jpg

Fimm McCool

Nice! I never really liked the Bibby Fimm. The nobles in the range are good but I felt the Fimm were just lacking something, maybe it was the expanse of bare skin. I dunno. I'm thinking I should have one for sense of completeness but not paying silly money for one. Yours are looking great, though I think your conversions top them. :)

I agree. Not terribly detailed, only two similar poses, the hands and weapon hafts are really large. On the other hand, I won't get too critical as I'd like to try sculpting a couple of my own in the near future, and I don't have a fraction of Mr. Bibby's talent! I'm looking forward to spending more time painting the nobles and Meargh. I do like the Dirach too.

Fimm McCool

Finally a picture of the big guy on his marble display base...

... and out marauding in the woods

The round base detaches from the display base for gaming use. Actually it's not quite finished, there's an addition I haven't finished painting up yet...

Attachments

• warlord.jpg
    warlord.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 2,285
  • warlord 2.jpg
    warlord 2.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2,285
Almost a month late, but I was waiting for the stars to align -- a day with nice weather and a little free time, so I could go outside and cut some hardboard.

Behold! Waterrain.

waterrain01_zpsmlw4k8vf.jpg

I have separate bases with reeds & other greenery -- and will make some more -- that will go on top of these. Similar to having woods with separate, movable trees. Maybe I can get some better photos when it's daylight.

lenihan

Huzzah! I'm in.

My goals are simple:

1) convert a mutant fimir (for which I have a very specific plan)

2) Give the fimir an outing in a battle.

Fimm McCool

Excellent! My own project will be a couple of demonomaniacs, although I'll call them something else because that name just sounds stupid and not fitting for the Fimir to my ears.

I agree. The name makes me think of a Misfits song, Demonomania. (Not eevn a particularly good one...)

I'm going to march through the marsh in March as well. First thing on my list will be to finish painting the GW orc-to-fomorian conversions I started last summer.

fmw07.jpg

Thanks. Actually my attempt at scratch building a frog spear. Someone on another forum suggested it and I thought it was a cool idea.

Fimm McCool

They're very cool. :) Great thing about scale creep is that those modern plastics look about the same size as Bibby Fimm! :grin:

ZeroTwentythree":19lsackl said:
I agree. The name makes me think of a Misfits song, Demonomania. (Not eevn a particularly good one...)

Hmm, maybe they should be Misfits themed...

RXfOBSD.jpg

They've kinda got a bare chest and armbands thing going on... and only half the eyeliner for a Fimir!

lenihan

Fimm McCool":18kdfrap said:
Excellent! My own project will be a couple of demonomaniacs, although I'll call them something else because that name just sounds stupid and not fitting for the Fimir to my ears.
Will be interesting to see how you accomplish this. And what you call them

What's the relevant background for Demonomaniacs? I sadly never got a copy of the relevant warpstone :( are there other sources?

Fimm McCool

THE relevant source is The Dying of the Light, a WFRP module. They're Fimir that have been possessed by chaos entities. The ones in DOTL have blades instead of hands.

Fimm McCool

17022218_10154881813077279_5860218086214235222_n.jpg

17103794_10154881813082279_7165174904292184873_n.jpg

Wierdly the two pages Scribd will let me access of DOTL are the Demonomaniac pages. Even more weirdly they seem to have chosen pictures of Lizardmen attacks instead of Fimir, who knows what was going on there?

Back