The month of Marsh- season of Mists and mist monsters!

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:34 pm

The month of Marsh- season of Mists and mist monsters!

Yes, we're just 26 days away from the season of mists and hobby fruitfulness! That means it's time to lay down the boggy challenge, and I am, of course, talking about FIMIR!

Being a chap who generally has nothing on (two sourcebooks to write, full time job, board game rules to edit and prepare for printing, 15 custom sculpts on the workbench, Kickstarter to ship, dissertation to write, wife, pets...) I am being modest about what I can achieve and am setting myself the completion of some scenic bits to add to my swamp boards, catching up on the additions to my Fimir clan which I started in August with Mr Saturday and Chilled Monkeybrains' heads (thanks Mark!) and this morning after a post on facebook I ordered myself this:

which I will be turning into my ultimate Fimir chieftain- as previously there's been a bit of a war between two Oakbound Tiarna and Diego's warlord as to who really rules the clan!

So, what are you up to for Marsh?

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:18 am

Re: The month of Marsh- season of Mists and mist monsters!

Great mini, looking forward to see how it turns out.
Im all about chaos dwarfs right now, and I'll proabably still be painting them.

Post Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:59 pm

hmm, something Nurgly I guess... I lack Fimir :(

Post Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:16 am

Fimm McCool wrote:I ordered myself this:

which I will be turning into my ultimate Fimir chieftain- as previously there's been a bit of a war between two Oakbound Tiarna and Diego's warlord as to who really rules the clan!

That's a great figure, and has the right look. Isn't it much larger, though? (Any chance of a size comparison photo?)

Fimm McCool wrote:So, what are you up to for Marsh?

I'm switching to some other things for a bit, but will probably be back to my small & slow moving Fomorian/Fimir project by Marsh. I just ordered a few more of the orcs I'm using for the bodies so I can see if it's practical to cast feet, or if I will need to sculpt them all individually. Still struggling with getting the tails to look right, and I need to get a break from working on those for a little while. Maybe Marsh will be a more fortuitous time to work on them. ;)

http://www.zerotwentythree.com/search/label/Fomorians

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:33 pm

ZeroTwentythree wrote:That's a great figure, and has the right look. Isn't it much larger, though? (Any chance of a size comparison photo?)

Yup, exactly the point. He's my ultimate warlord, see the link: http://fimmmccools.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/marsh-preparations-baak-and-rugluds_15.html

My Fimir are all sizes, mainly 28mmish. I reckon so long as they don't get killed they just keep growing. :)

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:41 pm

avatar.jpg (50.64 KiB) Viewed 1375 times

New head sculpted, trying to keep the same vein as the Tom Meier and my own Dark Crystal style Fimir.

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Fimm McCool wrote:
My Fimir are all sizes, mainly 28mmish. I reckon so long as they don't get killed they just keep growing. :)

Ah, OK. I didn't realize that. Great work on the head sculpt. Looking forward to seeing him painted up!

ZeroTwentythree wrote: just ordered a few more of the orcs I'm using for the bodies so I can see if it's practical to cast feet, or if I will need to sculpt them all individually.

The figures arrived and I've decided against casting feet. Any time saved in casting feet will be wasted trying to blend the new ones onto the existing figures -- plus all the time and money spent on molds, casting, etc. The feet on the test model didn't take long at all, so I'm just going to sculpt them all.

Still need to work out those tails, though...

Post Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:12 pm

ZeroTwentythree wrote:
Fimm McCool wrote:

Ah, OK. I didn't realize that. Great work on the head sculpt. Looking forward to seeing him painted up!

That's not 'official' mark ye. One of the things that first attracted me to creating a Fimir army was the general lack of any 'official' information, leaving me free to do what I liked with them as a race.

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:09 pm

Aaaaaand...... go!

Yes, It's Marsh! Time to get undercoating those boggies. I just picked up an extra special treat for my Fimm yesterday so maybe if the month goes well there'll be a special bonus. :)
Next

Return to Painting Challenges