Legacy Project 2016 - Chaos Villagers (responsibleone wins)

Asslessman

Re: Legacy Project 2016 - C49 Chaos Villagers (Sign Up/Progr

ZeroTwentythree":dwniq9ag said:
I'd like to join in and already have an overflow of ideas. In fact, I love the concept so much I've already put together a tentative submission. Would something like this be OK, or am I heading the in the wrong direction? (Too tongue-in-cheek?)

The village matron affectionately known as “Ma Khorne” started the village orphanage after her husband, “Pop Khorne,” recently met his unfortunate and explosive end on the wrong end of a halfling hotpot full of butter and an Imperial fire mage. In anger and sorrow (but mostly anger) she turned to the convent of the Sisters of Perpetual Bloodshed, where she has assumed the role of caretaker and disciplinarian (strict disciplinarian) of the village children whose parents have died or mutated to such a degree that they can no longer care for their own young. Here is Ma Khorne with Oswald, one of the adorable young tykes under her care.

chvil01_zpsh7g3ygxu.jpg

Total WIN, the models, the backstory, 100% right !

axiom

ZeroTwentythree":20xr1oon said:
I'd like to join in and already have an overflow of ideas. In fact, I love the concept so much I've already put together a tentative submission. Would something like this be OK, or am I heading the in the wrong direction? (Too tongue-in-cheek?)

The village matron affectionately known as “Ma Khorne” started the village orphanage after her husband, “Pop Khorne,” recently met his unfortunate and explosive end on the wrong end of a halfling hotpot full of butter and an Imperial fire mage. In anger and sorrow (but mostly anger) she turned to the convent of the Sisters of Perpetual Bloodshed, where she has assumed the role of caretaker and disciplinarian (strict disciplinarian) of the village children whose parents have died or mutated to such a degree that they can no longer care for their own young. Here is Ma Khorne with Oswald, one of the adorable young tykes under her care.

chvil01_zpsh7g3ygxu.jpg

I would say that this idea is 100% perfect!

Zhu Bajie

Loving the vibe that Axiom and ZeroTwentythree are getting across in these.

Fimm McCool

Whatwhatwhatwhat? I go away for three weeks, the world goes mad and I miss it?!!! Count me in. A good town needs a good publican so a chaotic town needs... that'll be what I'll do then.

And this painting challenge is for the whole year of 2016 yeah? At this rate I think we'll be done before Feb :grin:

axiom

Don't worry, if previous projects are anything to go by, we'll have a steady trickle, followed by a flood with a week to go ;)

Chico

Started up my Chaos Goblin drunk, a minor conversion but it works :grin:

IMG_20160121_164904.jpg

axiom

Nice Chico. Hopefully Fimm's bartender can keep him in check.

Asslessman

Nice one Chico, we need someone to start the fights in town ;)

Jeff McC

Barmaid/bouncer. I'm thinking I can get the armor to look more like a dress with the right paint job.

I pieced this together over the weekend, but didn't manage to dig the camera out until today.

Attachments

• barmaid 1.JPG
    barmaid 1.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 2,626
  • barmaid 2.JPG
    barmaid 2.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 2,626

Jeff McC":1jwspuh5 said:
Barmaid/bouncer. I'm thinking I can get the armor to look more like a dress with the right paint job.

I bet you're right. Good idea - and great figure all-around!

axiom

Great idea Jeff! (S)he has a real presence :)

Asslessman

Jeff McC":3l370eyv said:

I pieced this together over the weekend, but didn't manage to dig the camera out until today.

Wondering how much tip she gets if she gets any, maybe by chaotic standards she's a hottie ?
Great idea anyway, we already have some fantastic models !

Golgfag1

OK, here's the idea so far - bottom half of an old damage Tyranid and the top half of a Foundry peasant :grin:.
Did the cutting and drilling last weekend and set the legs in Dettol ( Amazed at how well the paint came off) will stick it together and paint it this weekend if the weather breaks. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• chaotic villager1.JPG
    chaotic villager1.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 2,065
  • chaotic villager2.JPG
    chaotic villager2.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,065
  • chaotic villager3.JPG
    chaotic villager3.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 2,065

Asslessman

The Pete Taylor is strong in you Paul ! Love the idea !

MagpieJono

Well here's my entry...

Eril always knew that one day he'd leave the Forest of Loren. Growing up he followed in his father's footsteps and became a healer. Eril became competent but was naturally inquisitive and strived for more. Soon the elders became suspicious of his unorthodox practices. Becoming more of an outcast, Eril was forced to leave the forest and wandered for months before stumbling upon the village.

The human inhabitants were welcome of a kind Elf healer and Eril settled into village life.

When Chaos tainted the village Eril was not spared. Rather then any physical mutation it was Eril's mind that was touched. Dark thoughts came to the fore of his imagination and would not repent. Eril's skin paled his hair darkened and he began to look like one of his cousins of Naggaroth.

Still staying in position as the village healer Eril was able to let his imagination run riot and he pleased the Gods of Chaos with his work.

The doctor will see you now...

Matt in PA

Good one! Full marks for having a painted entry and his backstory done already.

You guys who have been posting up pics know it's still January, right? More marathon than sprint and all that? I still haven't dug anything out to contribute yet, And you guys are already converted, based and painted!

Some fun stuff showing up, though. Keep it coming!

axiom

This is impressive guys - first painted model in under a month! Some some great characterful WIPs.

Great!

Back