Oldhammer Legacy Project III - Vote for Theme

Which flavour of chaos should the OLP III be?

• Chaos warband

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Chaos villagers

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

Niibl

Chico":2tgqgcry said:
Aye I voted for a normal Warband as well as I was just going to use a random Chaos mini from my collection which I fancied painting. Lack of funds means I won't be buying anything to join in and I'm not sure what I have that'll fit in a Chaos Village.
The village will need some militia too and if I think about the crops that might grow close to such a village, heavy plate might not be such a bad idea (you don't even want to think about the livestock the people might keep)...

phreedh

Thrice damned be the cheese makers! :grin:

I think one should think carefully about participating if you don't like the theme. I would hate for a wonderful bunch of chaos villagers end up with someone who's not "into that kind of thing" just because he or she managed to churn out a token stretch participation.

So in the end, participate if you want to receive the prize AND feel like creating something to the theme. Don't just participate if you can check just one of those boxes. =D I know, it's all about participating and the community fun. I don't care about "winning", but if I did I would be really stoked. I want each potential winner to be equally ecstatic about the prospect of ending up with a fine and unique prize.

Zhu Bajie

C49 Chaos Villagers is the Village Green Preservation Society

The Villagers is the more creatively demanding of the two options, implies a level of conversion (Slambo the Woodcutter just needs a bag of sticks or something) or sourcing and re-imagining of less obvious figures (many cultist types would be an easy pick, as would other non-coms such as Perry Pilgrims). I think for most people (judging by the amazingness of the entries over the past two years) it has become more of an all round character design / modelling / converting / painting project, which is cool.

Aiteal

Chaos villagers for me, perfect excuse to slap some paint on the citadel leper mini I have laying around somewhere.

axiom

Thanks for all the comments, suggestions and feedback. I'm going to call the voting ended - we now have a clear theme for the 2016 project - Chaos Villagers!

Asslessman

Chaos and non-sense prevails ! Next step is about the colour is it ?
I wa swondering if instead of a colour, we could decide on another feature like a goat head... :roll:

axiom

I'm suggesting that colours aren't important this time round. I won't be imposing goat heads either ;)

Not sure that a"unifying" theme is needed in this case? I mean, their all gunna be chaotic ;) that'll tie them all together nicely....or grotesquely, take your pick :)

Back