Oldhammer Legacy Project III - Vote for Theme

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Which flavour of chaos should the OLP III be?

Chaos warband
43%
Chaos villagers
57%

Total votes : 35

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:55 pm

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Project III - Vote for Theme

My vote made it 50/50 earlier on, I think this is going to be a close one. :twisted:
- from now on the jackals would be wary.

ImageImageImageImage

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:01 am

I feel a little strange with these results so far. Coz if one option wins by one or two votes, then the losing side may decide not to participate? At the end of the day we want this thing to be as inclusive as possible yeah?

Just thinking out loud here, but maybe we could run both of the options if the voting stays this close?
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:35 am

optimus wrote:I feel a little strange with these results so far. Coz if one option wins by one or two votes, then the losing side may decide not to participate? At the end of the day we want this thing to be as inclusive as possible yeah?

Just thinking out loud here, but maybe we could run both of the options if the voting stays this close?

I think most folks would be fine either way - once they see the quality of the works being submitted they will be compelled to enter!

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 am

Captain Crooks wrote:
optimus wrote:I feel a little strange with these results so far. Coz if one option wins by one or two votes, then the losing side may decide not to participate? At the end of the day we want this thing to be as inclusive as possible yeah?

I think most folks would be fine either way - once they see the quality of the works being submitted they will be compelled to enter!

Every army/warband needs its hangers-on - making & repair tools/weapons, cook & cleaning etc who will turn in a fight - why not let everybody do their own thing - will make for a pretty unique party in my opinion - meet Egbert the Dragon ogre does quite a nice line in leather, you should see his parry carte on a Friday night and has for his pastry - exceptional! Get the picture? :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/grumpyoldbadger

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:27 am

I think most people will be fine with either. That's the fun of the challenge - to come up with something cool for the the, irrespective of what it is :)

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Asslessman wrote:I'm surprised to see thechaos villagers struggling with a classical warband ! You can basically do anything you'd do in a warband with the villgers but you're adding many more opportunities !

Personally, I don't think I have anything to even begin representing a chaos villager with, so I voted for a regular chaos war band...If you want to help your cause, you might want to provide some links to suitable beginnings ;)

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Aye I voted for a normal Warband as well as I was just going to use a random Chaos mini from my collection which I fancied painting. Lack of funds means I won't be buying anything to join in and I'm not sure what I have that'll fit in a Chaos Village.

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Guys, guys, just take a look back at the previous challenges look at the models used ! Making a chaos villager doen't mean you have to use a villager model to begin with, or a chaotic one for that matter ! Conversions are here for a reason ! you don't have any villager ? good, maybe you have one of those ugly warriors to make a tree cutter with the appropriate beard, or maybe you have some wood elves or anything you can turn into hookers, street wipers or I don't what. The model is already full of armour ? OK so what ? It's chaos, nothing has to make sense.
I'd understand the reluctance for an imperial or elvish villager band but this is CHAOS we're talking about. I mean, If you really don't want to make any effort, just paint a warrior and say he's a guard !

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:41 pm

I think my personal problem is now I have little time to paint and I have to be motivated to paint something up. A non-com for me just doesn't float that boat (I like to Wargame not the Roleplay aspect really if I'm honest).

Not saying it won't be a cool idea for those interested but just isn't for me.

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:19 pm

I certainly don't want to deliberately exclude folks, but this is a fun group project, aiming to encourage folks to paint up stuff for fun. In 2014 we had people who decided not to participate because it was a fantasy theme. Similarly we had others who didn't participate this year because it was scifi. If you like the theme that is democratically(ish) selected, that's great. If not, I'd urge you to challenge yourself to participate, even if it's outside your comfort zone, or, if you prefer, sit back and enjoy what others do :)

As for ideas for villagers, I'll be looking carefully at war machine crew, Empire Militia, Bretonnian peasants, grots, familiars, ungor, chaos Thugs etc to adapt into wood cutters, bakers or candlestick makers (if selected as the theme).
PreviousNext

Return to Painting Challenges