Augusts Painting Challenge - List of entries page 1

Just John

Yes with Junes painting challenge not even in its grave yet its time to start looking forward to Augusts. I as thinking that we'd make this one a little shorter and havit finish up just before the Oldhammer weekend so all ye evil feckin sassenachs* can have your units painted up for the day and the rest of us can cry in our pints in our respective corners of the former Empire.

So post your entries here and as before I add them to the post. Mines another Regiment or Renown - this time the Mother Crushers. I've had these undercoated for months so I reckon its time to get them painted.

* May I assure you that this is meant in an affectionate non insulting way. Honest :grin:

Just John

Re: Augusts Painting Challenge

Aiteal Undead
file.php

Ardyer Menghil Manhide's Flayers
DE_unpainted_zps2c0c1b12.jpg

Asslessman Khorne Champions
file.php

Basement Dweller Squats
IMG_00000108.jpg

Blue in VT Bretonnian Cavalry
934AA8A0-9D3E-444D-B0DD-8998156DD309-245-00000017833ADBF5_zps73c047d4.jpg

Cap'n Happychap Dragon Slayer Dragon
file.php

Chico Undead Chariot
$T2eC16V,!)EE9s2ugjKiBR4(,CmN-g~~60_12.JPG

Citadel Collector Chaos Cavalry
file.php

Count Bruno Goff Nobz
file.php

Hetz Rugludds Reginment of Renown
ebd84cd7-e8f1-4e11-affb-778f668ae08c.jpg

JThomlin Goblins
mmror-wip.jpg

Just John Eeza Ugezods Mothercrushers
DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

Mutantdale Chaos Warand
20130728_090335.jpg

Phreedh False Harboths lack Mountain Boys
???

Thansants Fyarr and Snart (plus a still at sea Norse Regiment)
100_1432_zps0d2832e0.jpg

Weazil Chaos Warband
file.php

Asslessman

EDIT 23/07/13

Just count me with the WHFB Khorne champions (all 12 of them), they are halfway done but since I'm on vacation (visting southern UK amongst other things) and will only have half the month to work on them , I guess it makes it fair !

Attachments

• SS851717.JPG
    SS851717.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 10,735

Fimm McCool

'Stealers! Lots of plastic Stealers to go with my Terminators.... which are.... not...... quite........ done........... from........... last, ahem, month.

Just John

A good start so far - get them primed and ready for next weekend and either post the photos here or send them to me as before. And Fimm - you still have a few days to finish up those termie-wermies.

Blue in VT

I hope to get these knights done...though they may stretch I to the next month as well.

934AA8A0-9D3E-444D-B0DD-8998156DD309-245-00000017833ADBF5_zps73c047d4.jpg

Of course I will be doing their horses as well...they just didn't fit in the picture...;)

Cheers,

Blue

Aiteal

I'm very keen to join in this month, just to keep me on the straight and narrow path of painting and sway from ebay.
Once I have finished sifting through the dettol jar of my old minis I'm planning on starting a Heroquest project, to replace the horrible placcy minis with a nice metal equivalent no younger than from 1990 hopefully. Albiet with a few variations like hobgoblins and kobolds thrown in instead of just orcs and goblins.

Golgfag1

I'd love to post here, but as my camera is worth diddilly squart on the quality front, so it's not worth it, but just so you know I'm currently painting Nick Lunds grenadier Black Orcs http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/sol/grenad ... s/9002.jpg , which some of you'll see at Oldhammer at the end of next month, leading my orcs into battle!

See you there

Paul / Golgfag1

PS. John - the Mother Crushers are easy, enjoy.

Thantsants

Great minds think alike John - I too have the Mother Crushers on the painting table. Actually they are partly the reason my Norse aren't finished yet. :roll:

But, what can you do when you have an outbreak of Skaven nearby that need exterminating? Me and Warlord Paul hope to get a practice game in before the Oldhammer Weekend and I felt that they would fit in rather nicely with my predominately Orcish horde! :twisted:

Its not a regiment but I wonder if I might enter the Druid Snart and King Fyar and his Wyvern as they need painting up for the Orc's Drift game at the Oldhammer weekend. I should also endeavour to get the Norsemen finished as they'll be needed for the Rumble in the Jungle...

Just John

Golgfag1":r3ew5kc2 said:
I'd love to post here, but as my camera is worth diddilly squart on the quality front, so it's not worth it,

Thats never stopped Chico ;)

Thantsants":r3ew5kc2 said:
Its not a regiment but I wonder if I might enter the Druid Snart and King Fyar and his Wyvern as they need painting up for the Orc's Drift game at the Oldhammer weekend. I should also endeavour to get the Norsemen finished as they'll be needed for the Rumble in the Jungle...

Of course you may - as long as you mention neither Oldhammer Weekend, or Rumble in the Jungle again :grin: Nice to see the proxies gradually being replaced. I'd love to get my hands on Snart - I love the drunken Druid idea.

ardyer

Golgfag1":1mzw5ho7 said:
I'd love to post here, but as my camera is worth diddilly squart on the quality front, so it's not worth it...

I can guarantee you that your camera is at least 3 times better than Chico's!

ardyer

I'm about a third of the way done with the final two slayers for the June challenge, so I'm in but my next project will definitely take more than a month to complete. In view of all the regiments of renown last month, I'll be doing Mengil's ManFlayers:

Chico

ardyer":2i8hqsb4 said:
Golgfag1":2i8hqsb4 said:
I'd love to post here, but as my camera is worth diddilly squart on the quality front, so it's not worth it...

Yes the Chico joke was already done the post above you, get some new one liners i'm getting bored :razz:

ardyer":2rlycysz said:
I'm about a third of the way done with the final two slayers for the June challenge, so I'm in but my next project will definitely take more than a month to complete.

Anyone with a CMON link in their sig should be banned from the competition... ;)

ardyer

Citadel Collector":2bf221kc said:
ardyer":2bf221kc said:
I'm about a third of the way done with the final two slayers for the June challenge, so I'm in but my next project will definitely take more than a month to complete.

Anyone with a CMON link in their sig should be banned from the competition... ;)

I only average just under a 7, I'm not that good...unless of course you want to hire me on commission and pay me in rare miniatures, then I'm excellent :grin:

ardyer

Chico":20xa80ot said:
ardyer":20xa80ot said:
Golgfag1":20xa80ot said:

Yes the Chico joke was already done the post above you, get some new one liners i'm getting bored :razz:

Ha, I didn't even see it. And here I was thinking I was being original :lol:

Hetz

Well it's progress. May as well have these in the August entry. I'll post the archers in the previous thread - or is that now a dead thread?

Hetz

Wow, that's a shit pic, I'll try to get a better one tomorrow.

Mutantdale

I'm in again. No pic yet but it is going to be my warband for the oldhammer weekend..

2 champions living and undead.. (found a nice mini and I happened to have a headless version in a bits box.. score)
2 dwarves with crossbows
5 chaos dwarves (I got 7 dwarves as a roll)
2 ogres
10 human warrior cultists (cunningly disguised as the preslotta knights of law box set. Who would have thought they were really cultists all along...).

Anyway pics up sometime. I am prepping tonight and doing minor repairs on a dwarf with no weapon..

Now all I need to do is finish and photo last months by the weekend ;)

MD

Back