Augusts Painting Challenge - List of entries page 1

zedmeister

Re: Augusts Painting Challenge

Before:

AugustChallenge1.jpg

And done!

ArtilleryCompany1.jpg

Really enjoyed painting these. I've had these done for the past week and just got around to photographing them...

Blue in VT

They look great Zed!

My project has gotten nowhere...this month has seen me at the painting table for a total of 2hours...sigh

...maybe September will be better!

Blue

Just John

Well done Zed - nice to see someone meeting their target (yes I'm looking at you Blue & Phreedh :grin: ) I am of course ignoring the fact that I haven't met my target, mainly because I had a brain freeze when deciding what skin colour for my Black Orcs.

So I started painting something else, but never finished the bases
DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

So I started someting else and couldn't decide what to do with the bases.
DSC_0015.JPG

I'm thinking of basing the unit on a cd and magnetise the crew so casualties can be removed and the bolt throwers can be re-used for dwarves

So inspired by my utter failure to finish anything I went and started the Black Orcs.
DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

zedmeister

Just John - at least they're nearly complete!

Cheers gents. I have to ask - will there be a September challenge? These are keeping me painting my minis. At this rate, I'll make some progress getting some of my forlorn miniatures finished...

Just John

I was thinking of a dual Challenge for September/October with everyone entering a unit/group of minis as normal and then a smaller group for Halloween. How does that sound?

ardyer

So I ended up finishing 15 Mengil Manhide's Manflayers, minus the shields. My wife has the camera today, but tomorrow's a holiday here in the US, so I'll get pics then.

Just John

Looking forward to seeing the figures, especially how the mix of pre-slotta and slotta work together. Shields are a bit of a problem for me too, are you stuck for ideas or did you run out of time?

Aiteal

I've spent a few days ripping up floors at home, so I'm a little behind.
Plus my Sven Hasselfrisian has done a runner in the ensuing chaos

ardyer

Just John":138y9tax said:
Looking forward to seeing the figures, especially how the mix of pre-slotta and slotta work together. Shields are a bit of a problem for me too, are you stuck for ideas or did you run out of time?
Ran out of time. Finished the backs of the shields today. Hopefully, the fronts won't take to long.

Just John

ardyer":3h1utxmo said:
Ran out of time.

Time is relative in the Challenge, as far as I can see we are spread out over June, July & August at the moment. By all means post some photos tomorrow but feel free to take a little more time to finish them.

Im running a little late too, its only 5 minis but somehow Ive managed to paint just about everything else besides!
I don't work well with deadlines, its like high school all over again (just kidding) :|

Just putting the finishing touches on them...

ardyer

Just John":8twz9hae said:
ardyer":8twz9hae said:
Ran out of time.

Time is relative in the Challenge, as far as I can see we are spread out over June, July & August at the moment. By all means post some photos tomorrow but feel free to take a little more time to finish them.

Pretty much finished the shields yesterday, but I wasn't entirely happy with how they turned out. So I've got a bit more to do, hopefully tonight. Pics by the weekend definitely.

Asslessman

Just needing some details on everyone but that won't be before next week. Next week, group photo of the lot though, I swear... :roll:

The one with the power axe and prosthetic leg, Goff Nob #3 (oh stop it Chico! :lol: ) isn't quite there yet, so somehow his place has been taken by Goff Boss #1 (original Ghazgkhull) and another nob who felt lonely.

Attachments

• Nobzfin.jpg
    Nobzfin.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 5,229
  • Bozfinz.jpg
    Bozfinz.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 5,212

Chico

The 2nd Nob in the first picture, has too be the first time i've seen him painted up. One of my Fav Goth Nobs :)

I swear Ive seen him in one of the old WDs in a squad on squad conflict pic, that's where I got the red horns ( :shock: ) for him from...damnit I see little bits lacking paint now Ive posted the damn pics!

edit:fixed.

Just John

Okay peoples - we're in the last few days of this challenge so stop doing whatever you are doing and get painting (unless you're painting of course then keep painting!)

If everyone could get their entries finished and posted this week then we can move en masse to Octobers Challenge with Halloween Bonus!

ardyer

Sorry the picture quality is bad. I'll have better ones later, hopefully. Thanks to Harry, Heyer, and Mutantdale for providing me with many of these models!

Asslessman

Ardyer, your dark elves seriously rock !

This standard is just insane with the gem statue on top and the white owl on the left is very good.

units coehrence - check
originality - check
oldschool vibe - check

Some very good unit here, congrats.

Back