Augusts Painting Challenge - List of entries page 1

Just John

Re: Augusts Painting Challenge

Keep posting the entries people. I'm on holidays at the moment so cant am unable to update the first post or recruit. Try and encourage more noobs to join in. (On that note welcome to the painting arena JoeT) I'll do a roundup for June when I get home.

OK - folks, another n00b to join the fray.
Dragon Master Dragon - One of the many gifts from my bro.

Looking forward to getting some paint on the big lizard ;)

Attachments

• WP_20130804_001.jpg
    WP_20130804_001.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 5,233
  • WP_20130804_002.jpg
    WP_20130804_002.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 5,233

Chico

Nice dragon, My Skeleton Chariot and Mr Longhorn have been stripped and reglued. I'm going to prime tonight and get cracking.

Fimm McCool

Done it! An intensive week of painting and the 'Stealers are sorted. Much more fun and sooo much quicker than the flippin' termies! Thursday I should have a camera again so I'll stick some pics up, woohoo! Now, on to that Golden Gobbo entry then....

Fimm McCool

Proof of painting!

19 'stealers, 10 Blood Angels and 10 Deathwing lead by a Chaplain.

Attachments

• DSCF9877.JPG
    DSCF9877.JPG
    834.4 KB · Views: 5,136
  • DSCF9882.JPG
    DSCF9882.JPG
    837.9 KB · Views: 5,136
  • DSCF9888.JPG
    DSCF9888.JPG
    836.1 KB · Views: 5,136

zedmeister

Impressive Spacehulk minis!

Here's my current progress - three Mk2 Basilisks almost done. Just need to clean up some mistakes and then it's on to the next 3:

BasilisksMk2-1.jpg

Fimm McCool

lenihan":1ly9hurt said:
Love it! Very good basing too, what did you use?

It's just fine modelmaking aluminium mesh stretched round and tucked underneath. Need to make some little felt pads to rptect the board from getting scratched.

Mutantdale

Fimm you can file the aluminum mesh with a steel needle file mate and trim with a knife. It's a lot softer than people think. I based up my own space hulk minis similar to yours but filed the underside and also used a few washes to darken the mesh a bit. Seeing as the hulk tiles are not as clean ;)

Great work on them btw. I like the stealers the metal ones blend in against the plastics nicely. I prefer the blood angel terminators personally over the deathwing ones....

MD

Fimm McCool

Mutantdale":29dsuenf said:
Fimm you can file the aluminum mesh with a steel needle file mate and trim with a knife. It's a lot softer than people think. MD

Indeed, that's exactly why I use it. Still more secure to wrap it round and tuck it under I think, but filling the bases is a good shout.

Bit late to this one but here's my August challenge, which is my unit of chaos cavalry for Oldhammer weekend. I've gone for non-cavalry troops and cut the tabs off, as I wanted them all in the "swords raised prepare to charge" pose. The exception is the chap on the right who will become a standard bearer. Also missing is the unit leader who I haven't decided on yet but he will have the top horse (same model as the others but its the variant with the horn on the head).

Attachments

• IMG_4577.JPG
    IMG_4577.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 2,254

Blue in VT

Nice Steve! these should look great on the table.

...i am very envious of your Chaos steeds....man they are hard to get ahold of!

cheers,

Blue

weazil

Okay. I'm in.

Better late than never, as they say.

Attachments

• AugustPaintingChallenge.jpg
    AugustPaintingChallenge.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 2,220

Aiteal

Finished my 4 skeletons and 2 zombies (no pics yet) and I have one old Mummy of two needed for the undead contingent for my Heroquest project.
I decided to go for Hobgoblins instead for the 8 required orc models as they are more 'dungeony' and did this one tonight, 7 more Ally Morrison Hobs to go.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    780.7 KB · Views: 2,212

lenihan

Weazil, what on earth (or not on earth) is that guy in the back row, second from the left, sitting on?

Back