Junes Fun Painting Challenge - Final Round up on page 23

Mutantdale

Re: Junes Fun Painting Challenge

I am assembled based and undercoated now :) ready to start slapping on paint tomorrow evening..

MD

Padre

Wow! I had no idea I had Harboth's Black Mountain Boys. I suppose I must have known decades ago what they were, after all the name rings a bell, but they have been simply a bunch of undersized (well, cf. the more modern stuff) orcs in the back ranks for many, many years.

And those chaos thugs with boys - I have them too. I think they are the only chaos unit I have. I have zillions of painted armies but always hated chaos.

I will 'stay tuned' to see how these turn out. And next time, I ought to join in the deadline fun (Not two words you often see together.)

Edit: Just found Harboth to go with the boys. At some point, not knowing he was 'famous' I have clumsily planted a flag in the ground in front of him turning him into a hastily converted standard bearer. How the mighty have fallen, eh?

I seem to have a another figure with the same torso as Harboth (the same three bandolier flasks hanging down behind) but a different set of arms, holding an axe. Is he Harboth too, just on a different day?

Just found this thread...really should look around the forum more...sigh...

Miniatures have been started...the last 7 models have been stripped and based...toes remain unpainted...

Fimm McCool

Basement Dweller":izjg51sa said:
Just found this thread...really should look around the forum more...sigh...

Miniatures have been started...the last 7 models have been stripped and based...toes remain unpainted...

Missed this too. :( Ah well, I'm pretty set up for the next month if it happens.

exilesjjb

the weekend flew by so quick I never got chance to take the picture will sort that out today, I need to give you lot a head start anyway cus I paint even quicker than Chico :?

Thantsants

Regarding the updates - I like the idea of naming and shaming - in fact Fat Fighter style weekly weigh ins sprang to mind... :twisted:

Although posting as and when makes sense too.

Could we do both perhaps, so we get a constant flow of updates from the painters and a weekly official painted lead weigh in - anyone up for doing graphs and charts to show progress made? ;)

Oh dear - only a few grams painted this week - have we been indulging in Bloodbowl online again... :lol:

I think Chico makes sense.

First sign of the Apocalypse - we're all doomed.

Asslessman

Thantsants":sqed3vmf said:
Regarding the updates - I like the idea of naming and shaming - in fact Fat Fighter style weekly weigh ins sprang to mind... :twisted:

Caaaake , I looooooove cake !
Oh sorry about that I'm fed up with dust I guess...

I like the idea but do you consider we should estimate the completion ratio and give as we post pics? Or shall we list all the steps we've planned and tick the ones finished?

By now I've only completed the two most easy ones : priming and giving a zenithal grey spray on everything. Will somenone tell me why I chose to paint 16 minis and a dreadnought for this challenge instead of a single one? :?

Just John

I would suggest that we leave it up to people to give us updates as we go along and then once a week I'll add a post summarizing what has been done and naming those who have been a bit slack, which at the moment would include me. We can call it the Weekly Weigh In, where we weigh the amount of paint applied to each mini.

Asslessman":2hpnhv59 said:
Will somenone tell me why I chose to paint 16 minis and a dreadnought for this challenge instead of a single one?

Because it seemed like a good idea at the time!

Asslessman

Just John":1skgghrt said:
I would suggest that we leave it up to people to give us updates as we go along and then once a week I'll add a post summarizing what has been done and naming those who have been a bit slack, which at the moment would include me. We can call it the Weekly Weigh In, where we weigh the amount of paint applied to each mini.
Seems fair to me. I'll have to get the highlighting engine working at full speed in the few days ahead.

Just John":1skgghrt said:
Because it seemed like a good idea at the time!
You are right. Though I get the feeling that the worst ideas we have are the ones which look te best at first...

Chico

Well i made some progress for my entry, heh i bought/traded for them lol. But my entry is going to be 14 Fimm warriors fully converted from Heroquest Fimir. So not only do i have to paint a full unit i also have to convert them first :) Hardcore challege :)

Fimm McCool

Chico":19h7bdk2 said:
Well i made some progress for my entry, heh i bought/traded for them lol. But my entry is going to be 14 Fimm warriors fully converted from Heroquest Fimir. So not only do i have to paint a full unit i also have to convert them first :) Hardcore challege :)

The Heroquest-type plastic is horrible for converting, but the technique someone told me of gently heating the plastic to bend the limbs is well worth exploring. Oh, and they don't rank up at all well!

By the way, loving your new signature there!

Chico

I've used Hero Quest bits before, its not too bad its just removing them from the bases thats a git lol

Just John

I find the best way to remove plastic figures from their bases is to use a razor saw - works everytime.

Way to go on the challenge btw it'll be interesting watching your progress.

Just John

Fimm McCool":1ekozhuj said:
Missed this too. Ah well, I'm pretty set up for the next month if it happens

Not too late to join in Mr McCool - come on you know you want to!

Fimm McCool

Chico":1gr8kzk3 said:
I've used Hero Quest bits before, its not too bad its just removing them from the bases thats a git lol

I've left a few of mine on the bases so I can continue to match them in with my HQ set. Mounted them on styrofoam rocks in the movement trays to add coherency... and move their axes up a bit so they rank up!

Just John":1gr8kzk3 said:
Fimm McCool":1gr8kzk3 said:
Missed this too. Ah well, I'm pretty set up for the next month if it happens

Not too late to join in Mr McCool - come on you know you want to!

Yeah... bit of time free now actually... now how many marines do I commit to? The Space Hulk set or the Space Crusade set, or both?!!

Chico

Fimm McCool":21mkjoxu said:
Yeah... bit of time free now actually... now how many marines do I commit to? The Space Hulk set or the Space Crusade set, or both?!!

Both full sets! not just the marines! also all the add ons! Except the ones with Hybrids as you can send those to me :)

Fimm McCool

Heh! :mrgreen: Ok. At the end of this week I'll have most of what I need for the Space Crusade base set, Space Hulk base set and Deathwing Expansion. That'll do for the challenge... I'll post pics once it's all been dettoled and sorted through. I'm doing an Ultramarines Squad, Blood Angels Squad, Mentor Legion Squad (not Imperial Fists), Blood Angels Termies, Deathwing Termies and Emperor's Seraphim Termies (my own creations from when I first got Space Hulk, but hopefully with a better paint job now than the one I removed last week!). Plus assorted Space Orks, Androids, 'Stealers and Renegades.

Chico":1sd603kx said:
Except the ones with Hybrids as you can send those to me :)

'Fraid you've got my only Hybrid, apart from my dodgy conversions of course!

Just John

A new contestant has entered the fray. Exilesjjb's Black Hat Highland Dwarves with Poleaxes are now in the opening post of the thread.

Back