Junes Fun Painting Challenge - Final Round up on page 23

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Donator

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:31 am

Re: Junes Fun Painting Challenge

Alright...well my main camera seems to be possessed right now and is not working properly so you will have to settle for some rather hasty iPhone shots...and a crappy WIP movement tray in the picture...but here is my June unit. They seem to have misplaced their banner somewhere....

So these guys came out fairly well..but they are my least favorite of the infantry sculpts from this range...too much armor and not enough cloth to make a 3rd color possible...they jus don't stand out like the other units...until you see them from the back anyway...which reminds me that .I still need 3 more shields...anyway they're done...for now...;)

Cheers,

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:42 am

Looks great Blue, well done :)

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:22 am

These are great looking brettonians, I love it.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:21 pm

Wow, they look flipping brilliant!

Loving the Chaos Warband too Mr A :!:
R.I.P. Dave Brockie, AKA Oderus Urungus

My blog http://leadoralivebruno.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/enter-bruno.html

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Asslessman wrote:the goat feet champion looks nice

I love the red and checks - one of my favourite models painted brilliantly! Rest of the warband is cracking too.

Blue - nice work on those Bretts - you must be nearing a sizeable force now right?

Donator

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Everybodies units are looking great. I love "events" like this I find them to be a great motivator...that gentle (mental) nudge it takes to get to the painting table and put paint to lead. Keep up the great work all.

Thanks for the comments on my group of Brets...I'm not afraid to say I'm happy to see the end of this unit for now...they just didn't excite me as much as the others. But they are ready for the table and that's the goal right?!

Yeah this "army" is getting pretty decent sized now...two melee units of 15 two missle units of 18 and 7 of the light cav (mounted yeomen)...once I finish the 10 knights I'm working on at the moment it will be time for a group shot. After that I will be adding to the mtd yeomen unit as I find models and working up a few character models....then I'll be officially done with a project for once!

It's the kind words and the community spirit on this forum and ones like it that keep me going!

Cheers to you!

Blue
3rd Edition will rise AGAIN!!!!
My Painting collecting...and sometimes gaming Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

Post Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Very nice unit!! I actually like the fact that it has a lot of armour and less colour. They look like they mean business!

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:31 am

Bit of a failure for me I'm afraid this month.

Pathetic excuse - as the wife has been out on midwifery placement (usually between 6am and 9.30pm) I've been on full time childcare this past couple of weeks. That coupled with digging up the whole back lawn because the dog had turned it into the Somme and then laying a grass paving system and shifting half the earth I originally moved back onto the lawn to hopefully dissuade him from diffing it up again has left me without much energy for painting. :roll:

As I don't want to rush them - they'll have to look their best for the Rumble in the Jungle! - I'll roll them over into the August challenge along with Snart and F'yar.

Congratulations to all who've produced some great looking units this month 8-)

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 am

There are loads of them... I think you'll be forgiven for making that a 3-month project!

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 am

Cheers Fimm - sounds like another good excuse ;)

They're coming on holiday with me so they should be done in the next couple of weeks...
PreviousNext

Return to Painting Challenges