How to paint these boyz?

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:59 am

How to paint these boyz?

I´m really unexperienced at painting goblinoids but somehow have managed to get myself a beginning of an orc army.
What´s a quick way to paint orcs to table top quality?

Post Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: How to paint these boyz?

Wash em, spray em black, Base coat flesh & clothing, high light same, paint details (shields, weapons, belts and buckles), high-light same, wash with a 50-50 water & brown ink (to give the appearance of grot) paint eyes & fangs - finished with a varnish of your choice. (bold text optional)

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:30 pm

Thank you Paul! I'll give it a try.

In Dreamfish we trust
In Dreamfish we trust

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:48 pm

No. No, No .... you don't want to doit like that .... you want to paint them a nice misty buff. :D

I would spray the black dry brush tin bits ... then chain mail .... for nice rusty armour and weapons. No way to do this tidy .... so do it first ... then paint skin green ... wash with a dark green for shade and then highlight with a light green .... jobs a good-un.
These are the fastest paint job ever.... Might even do some myself they are so damn quick. :D

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:57 am

Harry wrote:No. No, No .... you don't want to doit like that .... you want to paint them a nice misty buff. :D

I would spray the black dry brush tin bits ... then chain mail .... for nice rusty armour and weapons. No way to do this tidy .... so do it first ... then paint skin green ... wash with a dark green for shade and then highlight with a light green .... jobs a good-un.
These are the fastest paint job ever.... Might even do some myself they are so damn quick. :D

This sounds good too. I´ll propably test both this and Paul´s way and then pick the one that suits me best.

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:05 pm

I always like Goblin Green (or mid green) washed with dark green and highlighted with yellow-green.

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:59 pm

No, yooze iz orl ded wrong. Wot yooze duz iz grab yer minny-ature, spray 'im brahn, drysbrush 'iz shiny bitz wiv silva, dab sum green on 'iz face an' slap sum seepy-yer ink ovva everyfink. Den splot sum red in iz eyes an give 'im gurt, pearly white gnasherz. Right? Goddit? ;)

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:01 am

Fimm McCool wrote:No, yooze iz orl ded wrong. Wot yooze duz iz grab yer minny-ature, spray 'im brahn, drysbrush 'iz shiny bitz wiv silva, dab sum green on 'iz face an' slap sum seepy-yer ink ovva everyfink. Den splot sum red in iz eyes an give 'im gurt, pearly white gnasherz. Right? Goddit? ;)

Kiitos paljon Fimm :D

Post Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:47 am

As always, my vote is on Harry. He's the speed painting king of EVERYTHING. Handsome fella too, they say...

That being said, I'd wash the whole model with Devlan Mud after a base coat. I'd also finish the bases after drybrushing the metals, before painting anything else. It makes the model look "finished" sooner and might save you a level of faffing about.

Return to Painting Challenges