Oldhammer Legacy Warband - the sequel?

Fimm McCool

Suggest we have an initial pirates round to last 6 months so we can stage this kind of encounter at BOYL

winterklein-1.jpg~original

We can always do a sculptor challenge after.

Gerner

I'm on board! And the space theme is fine - but since I live in DK I won't come to BOYL so I would just have to not win it. ;)
So what colours are we going for this time? :)

ardyer

Gerner":2mcs1nm2 said:
I'm on board! And the space theme is fine - but since I live in DK I won't come to BOYL so I would just have to not win it. ;)
So what colours are we going for this time? :)

You would still be able to win it, just not gawk at it at BOYL.

axiom

Excellent response everyone, so far we have two clear suggestions - something space piratey or something themed round a specific sculptor.

I really like the idea of showcasing the resulting group of figures at BOYL prior to sending to the winner (possibly we could persuade Bryan Ansell to do the draw for us). My only reservation with that is the condensed timeframe...past experience has shown that contributors often need an age to think, prep and finalise their figures. It may be down to human nature (working tight to a deadline), or it may be that some folks really do need a good amount of time to sort themselves out. That said, 6 months is a fair amount of time - if the end result (lots of people gawping at models in person) is worth the time contraction, I'm all for it!

I think the Law-band war-band would be better as the focus of BOYL15's display - speaking personally I don't know if I can realise my full potential for a warband entry with all the other stuff I've committed to for BOYL. I'd rather see a year's worth of awesome at BOYL16 :grin:

axiom

The rules are fairly simple - pick a model that meets the theme, paint it, send it in. Every contributor gets entered into a draw, with the warband going to an overall winner selected randomly by the draw :)

ardyer

Regarding the time frame, if we're shooting for BOYL 15, I don't think I'd be able to participate since I've got a kid due next month and I doubt I'll have the time (or sleep) prior to August to paint something.

ardyer

whiskey priest":w99e13ug said:
Lol! I had a kid in october and I don't think I've ever painted as much!

This'll be my third and, at least with the other two, it took about 6 months to get back to painting :(

Bane

I'm up for this challenge (the space pirates that is, I've already managed 3 kids and how to fit in painting time). Besides I've been looking for an excuse to get into RT, 40k and all that, having been a fantasy man all my hobby life.

PIRATES IN SPAAAAACE!

I think I have made my feelings clear on how this challenge should proceed. Colour scheme should be extremely PIRATEY, but suitably SPAAACE with bonus points for cyber parrots, bionic peg legs, stripey pants, bionic eye patches, power hook hands and so forth.

968full-the-crimson-pirate-screenshot.jpg

Back