Oldhammer Legacy Warband - the sequel?

axiom

So, the inaugural Legacy Warband project has been successfully completed and exceeded all expectations.

Already several folks have asked me about plans for 2015. So what do you think? Would you be interested in a second stab at the warband project?

Feel free to express interest here, as well as suggestions on theme (personally I fancy something Rogue Traderish, but don't let me influence you!).

Asslessman

HELL YES !

After the fantasy one, it would only be natural to make a Rogue Trader one I suppose :roll:

Bring it on !

Just John

By Rogue Trader do you mean Sci-Fi in general with a vague nod towards RT or something more specific? If its the former count me in, if its the latter I'm not so sure.

ardyer

How about a rogue trader's war band? Can't be much more rogue trader than a rogue trader himself! (Herself?)

phreedh

I'm up for scifi! How about (evil, nasty) space pirates? That means they can be used as anything in the end, while most models can be used too. Marines? No problem, every proper space pirate should have a bunch of old sets of power armour. Squats, orks, eldar and pisceans? Sure thing, why not...

In the end, the winner can use them as stealer cultists, space pirates, chaos dudes, rogue trader retinue or a sensei warband.

Just John

phreedh":2bpkoaf9 said:
I'm up for scifi! How about (evil, nasty) space pirates? That means they can be used as anything in the end, while most models can be used too. Marines? No problem, every proper space pirate should have a bunch of old sets of power armour. Squats, orks, eldar and pisceans? Sure thing, why not...

In the end, the winner can use them as stealer cultists, space pirates, chaos dudes, rogue trader retinue or a sensei warband.

He's right. Spot om. Couldn't make more sense if he tried.

Just John":kt9iq4sh said:
phreedh":kt9iq4sh said:

He's right. Spot om. Couldn't make more sense if he tried.

I'm very aroused right now. For unrelated reasons.

Asslessman

Yep, Phreed's on it.

Either :

- A rogue trader and his rag-tag retinue
- Space pirates, mercs,... which can include as many races and genres we want

I'm all for the latter because it enables to have something else than goody two shoes without being necessarily chaotic, it also enables to have almost any kind of model.

Going in a too specific path wouldn't fit this community imho, the warband has to be like us, i.e. a band of realy different bad tempered people who for some reason feel the need (and dare I say pleasure) to stick together. The previous project succeeded in doing that, let's just add lasers, big guns, robots and aliens to the mix !

Just John

Might I suggest the closing date be before BOYL 2015 - that way we might get to see both Warbands at the Foundry?

Zhu Bajie

Bloody groupthink :twisted:

So as an alternative suggestion what about picking on a single sculptor. Like the Perrys (they count as one, right?) - so any Perry miniature. Then use the colourscheme to tie them all in together.

Asslessman

Zhu Bajie":1c1pk5eh said:
Bloody groupthink :twisted:

So as an alternative suggestion what about picking on a single sculptor. Like the Perrys (they count as one, right?) - so any Perry miniature. Then use the colourscheme to tie them all in together.

I see your point but as a warm-up a more loose concept could do, The sculptor theme though is an excellent one and remember from now on we have an infinite number of Oldhammer project ideas to come up with. Anyway I'd be happy with anything really !

Back