I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 club

axiom

Re: I've Never painted a ....... before - The Fantasy 100 cl

Lovely owl! I've coveted that figure for a long time.

Blue in VT

Fantastic Stuff so far! I guess I better pull my thumb out and pick a figure....now...off to lead mountain! :grin:

...if I'm not back in three days...send beer.

Cheers,

Blue

Coopdevil

#5 Grenadier 1435 Evil Foot Knight

I'm breaking a sacred rule of Coopitsu here - no model is completed until the basing is done. But I don't yet know what gaming role this will play as it was painted for this thread (it might even end up on a 32mm round base lolz) so have left it for now. Quick and dirty daubed-in-one session Grenader Evil Foot Knight with much more subtle in real life highlighting than the potato iPhone has picked up.

S'Vile The Loathed

I've never painted a....nything in Slaaneshi colours before.

Coop

Plaiecivile

I've never painted a wyvern before.... Now time to assemble that beast!

MoodyGit

Number 6

I've painted Dwarves and I've painted wizards, but never a Dwarf Wizard -

I'll sort the base out when I decide on the rest of the box.

MoodyGit":1zoqrtgi said:
Yes, one of the Nick Lund Fantasy dwarves.

I thought this might be a Nick Lund, a very distinctive style in those old models.

Nice job on him MoodyGit.

Chico

Mines finished (Not what I first planned but still) just gotta wait to get some good light tomorrow.

No.7 - Southlander Dog of War

A Perry Mounted Men at Arms combined with a Perry Mahidist Ansar head. I have been spending too long on painting recently so I set myself the challenge of painting this in one sitting to a good tabletop standard. Good way to test paint a figure when you are planning for an army I have found.

blackknight2.jpg

blackknight3.jpg

blackknight1.jpg

Well thats new! Never thought of putting those two sets together, the gold looks great. I'd be tempted to give him a shield.

whiskey priest":3vk6k073 said:
Well thats new! Never thought of putting those two sets together, the gold looks great. I'd be tempted to give him a shield.

Thanks Colin. I was thinking about a shield also but the OCD part of me kicked in, nobody really wore shields with that sort of full plate armour (too many reliable guns about by then for shields to be of use) so I figured it might look odd. For the sake of getting some more colour into him I was half thinking to give him one of the Mahdist shields with an animal print on it, I will try out some options and see what sticks.

There ware a lot of paintings of black knights made by Europeans e.g.:

knight_1a.jpg

That is probably not Ulrich_von_Hutten (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulrich_von_Hutten) but who knows!

Yeah I know the shields are a fantasy affectation (it always kind of bugged me when I was playing historicals but I've since got over myself!) :grin:
I was thinking maybe these ones from Crusader
dae100.jpg

and I also thought of this book from Foundry
27c45590f09ec865e28597e90d534833_f6810.png

Asslessman

Sean, this is outrageously good ! The idea is good, the execution is good, the time it took is mind blowing. EVERYTHING is good about this. Guess we can only expect awesomeness from you.

Kind of you to say JB, the techniques used are quick drybrush/highlight and washes and the concept is borne of buying a bunch of Perry plastics and then looking at old pictures of knights. ;)

Mmm, those African shields might be cool colin, perhaps even one made with crocodile skin like the African Roman legions used. It should be an easy quick sculpt to do that. I was planning on painting up another 5 of these guys so I would sculpt the shield face and then make a siligim press mould to make a set of 6.

Piers B

Really like that as a Southlander Knight...

May have to repurpose my plastic Mahdi! What a brilliant idea!

I'd go for a more arid basing though, reckon it would set the figure off really well.

Gerner

theottovonbismark":3n5y7f5j said:
No.7 - Southlander Dog of War
A Perry Mounted Men at Arms combined with a Perry Mahidist Ansar head. I have been spending too long on painting recently so I set myself the challenge of painting this in one sitting to a good tabletop standard. Good way to test paint a figure when you are planning for an army I have found.
blackknight2.jpg
Wauw, I can't really explain it. He is so simple and you managed to do a incredible job on him still. :)
This just proves less is more!

Chico

Nots as nice as everyone elses:

No.8 Blood Bowl Ogre - Team What!?-Fords
Astrogranite basing and a Hex base for that Old School feel. Lots of First for this one, first time painting a BB figure, first time painting a Ogre and first time using Astrogranite Textured paint.

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Back