LAF style hundred club

As a lot of painting challenges are coming to an end or are all signed up, how about we do somthing a bit more casual and inclusive. Any of you that frequent LAF will be familiar with their hundred club challenges. Basically we open a thread that anybody can contribute to and everybody adds images of their minis till we reach number 100! The only stipulation being that you have painted the figure since the start of the challenge. It would also make sense to set a theme for each 100. The idea is that people can carry on contributing at there own pace until we reach the magic number so there isn't a time limit apart from the fact that the more people contribute the faster the club will fill up. If it sounds like somthing we might like doing we can agree on a first theme and open a thread. ( if we advertise on FB we can encourage folks to come over here and use the forum more but we need to make sure photos only appear on the thread). Anyway let me your thoughts.

Just John

Great idea! How defined do the themes have to be? Fantasy or Forces of Evil or Kev Adams Goblins from the Autumn '85 journal?

I was thinking pretty broad. That way we get more people joining in. We could just do Warhammer, Rogue Trader, Adventurers. Or maybe dwarves, elves etc or may favourite might be
- I've never painted an ???????? before....
- I was going to sell it but.....
- It doesn't fit into any army but.....
- My definition of a bombastic jazz style is.....

Asslessman

I'm in for any group project and this is one hell of a good idea. I especialy like the "I've never painted a... before" as it will take us to paint outside the box ! I'm in. Well done Colin.

Just John

I love the 'I've never painted a ...before' idea. I think that would be a great starter. Give yourself a hearty slap on the back for this idea WP!

phreedh

While I do quite like the idea of participating an "I've never"-themed club, I think it would be more fun to view through a gallery of thematically linked miniatures. As such, I vote for fluff theme rather than real world theme. On LAF the themes have been board sections. Pulp, Cthulhu, Sci-Fi, Ancients etc.

Suggestions on fluff themes:
- 41st Millennia Gangwar (necromunda, confrontation, pirates and adventurers, gorkamorka - pretty broad cathegory)
- Imperium of Man (40K imperials... IG, inquisitors et al, adeptus whatnots and so forth)
- Xenomorphs (eldar, orks, genestealers, tyrranids and such)
- Stunties (scifi or fantasy halflings, snotlings, dwarfs, goblins, gnomes and other vertically challenged fellows)
- Deep down in the dungeons (adventurers, gribblies, orcs, whatever might dwell in a cavern).

Some other themes:
- Conversions club. Two pics: Final conversion before primer and fully painted
- asdf... coming back to this, I've got to put the li'l un to bed.

Blue in VT

There is also nothing to say we couldn't start a couple of these as they run for an indeterminate length people can add something whenever they get around to doing it as long as there is still a slot in the 100.

Cheers,

Blue

I agree with you Phreedh to a certain extent and some of your suggestions are ideal. How about we revisit them for the next challenge? I especially like the servants of the imperium one. Saying that, shall we make the 'I've never painted a .......' into a fantasy or 40k theme?

So 'I've never painted a...... before' - the fantasy club. How does that sound?

Asslessman

Captain Crooks":9cdlz39b said:
I've never painted a 3 - legged wizard with a snotling on his head... i think it's about time tbh...

You've repainted Rambulge who is a spellsword with a toad in his pants and who seems to gave been graced by mother nature... we're not that far from it...

Asslessman":26ex11ns said:
Captain Crooks":26ex11ns said:
I've never painted a 3 - legged wizard with a snotling on his head... i think it's about time tbh...

You've repainted Rambulge who is a spellsword with a toad in his pants and who seems to gave been graced by mother nature... we're not that far from it...

I don't think he'd be able to fit a huge member AND a toad into his pants... then again our Rambulge is full of surprises! ;)

axiom

Important questions:

1) When the 100 photos have been submitted, where will they go? Is there a function to have a gallery hosted on the forums?
2) Is there a little badge contributors can add to their signature?

:grin:

phreedh

If it's just a badge for the signature we want, anyone could do it with a modicum of time and graphics skill. It's not an integrated part of the forums.

A gallery would be really nice, so that the pics are hosted forever and ever on this fine site. We talked about it for the golden gobbos and I think it's time we got our gallery feature! =) There are lots of gallery addons for phpbb. In addition to that, sticky the challenge thread in the showroom forums once completed and post a big fat link to the gallery in the initial post of the thread. Sounds good?

Back