[MUSTER] Demonoid Phenomenon

Plaiecivile

The first blister I ever bought was a pair of V1 bloodletters... I was young so it seemed like alot of money at the time...lol
19 years later, I can say I have reached a critical mass of demons :twisted:

I gradually completed units, but in the past 4 years I aimed to get a unit of each edition of metal demon. (15 of each basic unit, 6 of each special and 3 of each jugger/slaanesh beast)
The only miniatures missing are 6 V2 plaguebearer, 2 V2 juggernauts, 1 V1 and 2 V2 beast of slaanesh, 1 V1 mounted demonette and 5 V2 mounted demonettes.
What you see is most of my demon army... and its condition is so shamefull that I decided to post it here so you can kick my ass for not painting at this very moment!
Actually a big part is trimed and based, but the lack of cohesion makes me puke a little :mrgreen: Even worst, I have more V1 greater demons just piled up in pieces in a box... :shock:

And if you wonder, V1 is for the '88 wave, V2 for '94 wave, V3 for '00 wave... V4 is all ''fancy plastic and resine'' which is not what I wish for!

Asslessman

Impressive, really impressive.

Now make yourself a gallon of tea, take a big huge pile of CDs (or just plug your ipod) then sit your butt on a comfy chair in front of that painting desk and START WORKING !

Jeff McC

Impressive horde!
Speaking for myself, I always find looking at the whole unpainted vastness of the lead pile can be a bit disheartening...I've found that setting a smaller goal can help keep me going (eg. I will paint this unit this month). Of course, I find the best motivation is an upcoming game I want to use models that are currently unpainted in.
Good luck getting them painted; can't wait to see the results!

that is a beautiful collection.

if it weren't so damn ugly.

if you do a unit a week, you'll be done in 5 years. get on with it! ;)

Jeff McC":2ifafige said:
Impressive horde!
Speaking for myself, I always find looking at the whole unpainted vastness of the lead pile can be a bit disheartening...I've found that setting a smaller goal can help keep me going (eg. I will paint this unit this month). Of course, I find the best motivation is an upcoming game I want to use models that are currently unpainted in.
Good luck getting them painted; can't wait to see the results!

i've worked out that if i never buy another miniature, it'll take me about 5 years (at current speed) to paint everything i've got sitting in a big box by my painting table.

but i look at it like, well, i'm 36. i've got at least another 30 years to live, probably closer to 50. might as well not bother, it'll all get done eventually. oooh, look at this ebay listing, i've got to get this....

Plaiecivile

After so much time away from my painting desk, my entry to the Old World Army Challenge gets me moving!

And what better than an opportunity to grow the ranks of my "painted" demon army!?

I give to you, the "Grabbelings"! With there nightmarishly huge hands ;)

r1kHRG8OSNEKZd7dGWikKCErxhZE0GZbjOHq3udMHhIKZKd8BvgmycXgYSUafY8Vj0KyBV45Bg5REdvLpSARnkJvMCmLxSOPT9PqDIlN3lzTN2Lj4oUkvEOSqoMmwbv8sD96ecF6cA=w1800

pYtYOU0pdVv2AGBcjl0Q9ZxgBzuIBGn4UfiUzT7lRyVRMT3Upq611k5UFtwwF49VMXEyTHvPf8FRnNe94RFO6BoiDXoWCaznS2jrA6v49mEDR1jEoea8lVDCXAC1Tx1BH7enq0BAeg=w2000

H461RgSOe-GiGf00lslJgUIhu7cG3hUVpI2SHNi3vOzNZcPMOEJ8Dr4B3q3sGXBdZlpZVBw4hNlvVnHxS4ll5_t66Dr4eo5aiR30ZqlYMkmTrRQcXhhsti3nLp0x5B_XycFbXPhzhQ=w2000

inchmurrin

Good to see them done so well. Keep up the good work.

And consider my situation at 70 I may not have time to finish the lead pile never mind the plastic Slaanesh one or grim dark Inq28 stuff or Diego's wonderful chaos types or the recently purchased cowboy zombies burble burble burble.

However I do refuse to submit to contrast paints.

Plaiecivile

inchmurrin":37y11izs said:
However I do refuse to submit to contrast paints.

Yeah I understand the feeling ;) .
However I am not totally closed to contrast paints, I simply try to go with what I already have, classic layer paints and inks.

julien":37y11izs said:
Looks like there are quite a few conversions, right?

Actually not much, I took the similar poses and bent the hands and feet on some, and changed the orientation, so one will stand on a straight base, one on a diagonal and one in between.
It really helps breaking the impression of seeing many times the same miniature in a complete unit.

Plaiecivile

So a quick update, these were much longer than expected to paint... The other half of the unit is coming.
I explored a lot with my inks but the final result really matches that "flaming magical" look I wanted.

EI5cxvPq-A9vMhrZyYihPlOE85nScdmPEfDn1BWw0IUclnChwCiQZyILQzqkCs4thXMHnPRTZmArUZImAf-zC-WmjJwCob9E0KkLI5SQW4aYrJNBG86ms0huD4pvU350g-Qb1_Wweg=w1200

5wwOu3MAgw2Jn1fMFBoZ3MbmK9bFQzSn48I2r3xIs0U8Z37-JifGv35MyPOX1GO-p3x2L4JTnLwlVhKX9GZZdMFhq5NmF5b60rOpFnjskcbYOn4xC1g-CeQIp1CTtyzrIZk3VWFbsg=w1200

I pinned all the models floating in the air and filled the gap with clay in an attemp to get a more dynamic feel.
Basing is large, but according to Realm of Chaos, 3rd edition flamers were meant to be used on 40mm bases.
On 25mm these demons stack up very poorly!

2hiKN6EDPym94TfJck5_dGEg57pV0OYQOmFS3-yahxpUr5j1anCdWRk9IU-W6C2bFWH2pYjqIO4-v-786EQgAO188ojsl-LsQvOyRMf8fDrn47C2fyIuPknLnSJ181AQckwCXx0UzQ=w1200

Plaiecivile

Some more ''old updates''. That champion on disk was certainly my favorite unplanned addition to the project. He simply fits in so well!

As for the Lord of Change, I still want to put in another 4-5 hours... eventualy ;) I want the dark blue feathers to alternate with yellow feathers, smooth out the skin, rework the metallics and really add in more details on the base to get that sence of the ground being raised up by magic... But for now it is good enough to dare show it to people! In the framework of OWAC, I had to draw a line before going insane over details and still meeting the release date!

The same went for that flamer over the huge skull. It needs small spiders and spider webs to really be up where I wanted. Well now, back to home improvements...

O1TeAWS2DvDVBm7vFlTQLMTNcGJ-y9raeu-XCGR3eiwOLzvCNz5hPbxMsQnZnZWQBLOq3H5GO9-nFoS0wBjJn3MVvXrZ_Qa5BTdZcHP9U2AEqIlgnDyBVM3DpDu2WCjoSozhoCaiHw=w2400

WlDwoK3xHDvLCJcJ6wE_A1P2Y5WU1YMfO4p0wOf-U7DcQSnpZ4r4Oz3Ijl62Fz2fyV3pgpnKSAicG3GrAASCdvlN7KGnswj4FJKepZVS49fzIcwrwyZ5GVpR8uxWdpGQ6LFi09i-0A=w2400

mJ45MNyHE6_eq1zMLkwKHIV0jPrOYaZv3sdCuT5BIBS5OUxk4Wxm3Bsb2F511oJ1FweLJcXjVaHrFtOkRIE3ka8slPaESnCMTaHDd67VOaXiT2uwqTtrNGtguRRLDqMUS_1cLAMkFg=w2400

gkYM2ZogDvWkWx30-VmJ3SySaPFANZbdeX5Frx2kjeUyBf_-Ji3r183qwFEaUxlzO0c5MbLOakUy3aNaVCXbP9FhsGD-mZiFUa3Cc9Bg7pzNXYCByAA9LEsnxW4sUx4kYdu8XruQUA=w2400

EricF

Administrator
I love the minis and those bases are to die for, they really bring the flamers to life. Awesome work.

Back