Challenge: Alternative Companies Week!

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:44 pm

Challenge: Alternative Companies Week!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages...D-Generation Chico proudly brings to you the 7th Chico Challenge Week: Alternative Companies!

So what is this Weeks theme? Well it's Alternative Companies, meaning anything not under the GW label old or new.

Remember Oldhammer isn't just about old Citadel, so lets so show and get some nice figure painted and shown of!

Rules and Regs:

1. Once again there will be a prize, and the prize this time is the choice of getting to choose a future theme!

2. You must be a follower of this Blog to claim your prize (So make sure you hit that Follow button on the right)

3. You may enter as many times as you wish, but all entries must be painted in the the Challenge Week time frame.

4. All Entries must be online to 1 or more of the following 3 places:

Oldhammer Facebook Group, but make sure to tag me.
Oldhammer Forum Challenge Week Thread
Your own Blog but message me to let me know it's on there.

5. Winner will be chosen by me and me alone, and I accept bribes ;) The winning entry will be posted on my Blog along with all other entries.

6. The Challenge will start at 12.01am on Monday 30th of June GMT and end 12.01am on Monday 7th of July GMT

So what are you waiting for get cracking!

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:38 am

Re: Challenge: Alternative Companies Week!

Gah! And I just finished my Great Champion of Nurgle Warzone mini yesterday!

I'll have to rummage for something else.

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 pm

I've got a few Metal Magic minis who've been patiently waiting undercoated for well over 2 years now, I think it's about time at least one of them saw some colour. Or perhaps that unreleased Foundry renaissance halberdier, or all those Grenadier JG's Personalities range minis I've got, or maybe my EM4 package will arrive just in the nick of time, or...!!?

Time to set aside the illusions of grandeur and actually get something done this week. Arranging my WFB card buildings to look like a village scene upon my shelf has definitely helped boost my motivation, realised I don't have enough civilian minis so I bought a bunch of Metal Magic townsfolk from Turnkey. I'm rambling a bit, haven't slept in a while. Count me in, Chico, I think I'm ready.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Sounds good lads, look forward to seeing some toys painted :D

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Ah ha!
I haz!

Barmaid!

Only a few days left.....

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Aye boys and girls not long left now, get your entries in.

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 am

Here's my entry. Been painting an "Eldar Merchant Squad" and just finished this guy today. It's a limited "Space Elf Nomad" by Impact! Miniatures. There was only 50 of them cast in 2008.

Chaos God of Nudehammer

Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:32 pm

oh rather tasty... for a space elf heh

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:20 pm

kingedisboss wrote:Here's my entry. Been painting an "Eldar Merchant Squad" and just finished this guy today. It's a limited "Space Elf Nomad" by Impact! Miniatures. There was only 50 of them cast

Sculpted from a design by me an commissioned from Impact by yours truly. Are you painting up any more of the figures? :)

Post Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:30 pm

axiom wrote:
kingedisboss wrote:Here's my entry. Been painting an "Eldar Merchant Squad" and just finished this guy today. It's a limited "Space Elf Nomad" by Impact! Miniatures. There was only 50 of them cast

Sculpted from a design by me an commissioned from Impact by yours truly. Are you painting up any more of the figures? :)

No more designed/commissioned from you. I just have a couple of old Marauder Elves That looked like they could be part of the Merchant Group so I made slight conversions to them for 40k. I'll take a group photo once they're all done.
Next

Return to Painting Challenges