Challenge: Sci-Fi Week

Aiteal

WIP of the first marines I've painted in about 20 years
Part of a small RT band I'm going to do, last night and tonight I've done Sergeant Pluck and Marine MacCruiskeen and Joe the comms officer.
a55ICb9.jpg

All right, here we go! These are some Reaper Bones IMEF marines I had lying around. I have put a more detailed post about them at my blog, but here's the pictures. I think my photography is worse than my painting, or at least that's my explanation:

theboys.jpg

sarge.jpg

trooper.jpg

hero.jpg

heavy.jpg

They are a bit rough and ready, but on the other hand I started them Tuesday morning and finished them last night, so my speed is pretty good! Their armour plates were meant to be more reddish, but it turns out that the GW red wash is more like a red-wine wash. Still, I think it actually looks OK. Maybe they worship Slaanesh.

Update! I have painted up the sniper and added a transport that I kitbashed out of a toy armoured car.

I have written another post about it on my blog, but here are the photos:

blitzerleft.jpg

squadoverhead.jpg

transportfront.jpg

transportright.jpg

So there you go -- I think that is likely me done for sci-fi week, but I'm pretty pleased with the outcome: 6 troops and an AFV!

Damn, those headlights need cleaning up, though.

Entry Finished - 2 Dreadnaughts from Space Crusade - painted up to fit with my Necromunda gangs and scenery. I'll be using these guys in a special game or two.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 3,172
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 3,172
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 3,172

antipixi

Ok, so there are some extremely talented people on this forum (part of why I read it!).

I will later today be posting my Sci-Fi week model. It is not as good as many done this week, but I thank Chico for this challenge week as it has given me a deadline and meant my first model for BOYL is actually complete. All I need now is next week's challenge to be something like 'sidekicks', 'groupshots' or 'xenos' and I might actually be on target for the August event!

Can you rename this challenge "Sci-fi fortnight "? Coz I won't have this behemoth finished by tomorrow :(

What say you Chico? ;)

Attachments

• 1402823678297.jpg
    1402823678297.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 3,162

skittifink

Got given this model by a buddy years ago - 1993 Global Games mini (no idea what edition/game/series.
Used Namir from Deus Ex as inspiration and had a damn frustrating time painting the skinless bit of the skinless man. So much so I procrastinated for most of the week and only just finished him.

Taadaa - the Skinless borg.

Attachments

• Skin01.jpg
    Skin01.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 2,981
  • skin3.jpg
    skin3.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 2,981
  • skin04.jpg
    skin04.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2,981

Chico

Good job everyone with there entries and we still have 12 hours left. Winner will be announced on Monday when I'll have a good chance to look though everything

skittifink":1sp7ejfs said:
Got given this model by a buddy years ago - 1993 Global Games mini (no idea what edition/game/series.
Used Namir from Deus Ex as inspiration and had a damn frustrating time painting the skinless bit of the skinless man. So much so I procrastinated for most of the week and only just finished him.

If it's from Global Games from the 90s it's probably for Legions of Steel.

Yeah, here it is:
DSC07938.jpg

Not sure what it's called, though.

Jonas

Sorry, I didn't make it this time after all. I ended up painting my RAFM Cthulhu, but I doubt he is sci-fi enough., :lol:

Many great entries though.

I have a large collection of Legion of Steel miniatures/rules/boards, I wish I could complete the collection one day, but it is really hard to get the models (at least on ebay).

Finished this one this morning. Hopefully not too late! A Female Eldar Trader sculpted by
Bob Naismith as a companion piece for the RT601 Eldar Trader

EldarTraderFemale01.jpg

EldarTraderFemale02.jpg

Asslessman

So many good entries for this one ! I have to say the Female sensei and the eldar trader ar my favourites though the rest is very good.

Back