Challenge: Sci-Fi Week

Chico

bannerfans_11766360.jpg

in_space___no_one_can_hear_you_scream____by_gamergirl929-d5tzfs1.jpg

So after the success of the last Challenge week it's time for the next one to get underway. Results can be seen here: http://oldhammeronabudget.blogspot.co.u ... sults.html

So what counts as Sci-Fi, well pretty much anything you can blag and can come up with a reason why. I'm pretty laidback when it comes to what counts. The main thing is too just have fun and get painting.

Rules and Regs:

1. Once again I will be donating a price, it has yet to be decided quite what yet. But it will be something useful and usable no doubt.

2. You must be a follower of my Blog to claim your prize (So make sure you hit that Follow button on the right of Oldhammer on a Budget)

3. You may enter as many times as you wish, but all entries must be painted in the the Challenge Week time frame.

4. All Entries must be online to 1 or more of the following 3 places:

Oldhammer Facebook Group, but make sure to tag me.
Oldhammer Forum Challenge Week Thread
Your own Blog but message me to let me know it's on there.

5. Winner will be chosen by me and me alone, and I accept bribes ;) The winning entry will be posted on my Blog along with all other entries.

6. The Challenge will start at 12.01am on Monday 9th of June GMT and end 12.01am on Monday 16th of June GMT

So what are you waiting for get cracking!

Hmmmm.... YES!I have just the thing!

A couple of ancient plastic models from an old board game. Been meaning to do these forever. The plastic is so old it's discoloured. Time to get to work!

skittifink

Argh! Oldhammer! What are you doing!?
Now I must paint sci-fi! Got some odd Global Games 1993 minis that I have had collecting dust.
*puts skaven to one side* count me in ^_^

How do you feel about more recent models? I have a bunch of relevant models that could use some painting, but I don't know that they're *Old* hammer per se. Alternatively, I suppose I could always do a couple of these old Spacelords ...

Chico

Doesn't matter what company or what age the figures are, rather it's a exercise to get people painting. I'm free and easy when it comes to restrictions :) .

Asslessman

I'm in for sure, don't know if that RT spacepunk will make it first or my space chicken but one of the 2 is going to make it (hopefully both).

Coming along...

Stippling all done (you'll see on the final). Inking, double inking, highlighting, shade recolouring, triple inking, fine-lining mostly done.

Here's the teasers.

Attachments

• IMAG2229.jpg
    IMAG2229.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 3,175
  • IMAG2235.jpg
    IMAG2235.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 3,175
  • IMAG2238.jpg
    IMAG2238.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 3,175

Chico

Look forward to seeing everything, always love the SC Dreads and Space Bastards sound right up my alley...Well the chicken not so much unless he's called Colonel Sanders hehe

Flippa

I have done my Knight... not really Oldhammer I know so I haven't posted it... it's on my blog tho. If you want I can post it... just thought it was a bit modern :grin:

Chico

So long as the Knight was painted this week and this week only (Week starting Monday 9th) then it counts mate. I'm guessing it wasn't though but there's still time to enter something painted this week.

axiom

Painted this guy...started Sunday evening, finished last night...can I enter him or am I disqualified for starting too early? ;)

FlackScorgull_zpsccfb63ed.jpg

Chico

Heh damn you all for making me think about the Challenges rules!

I'm going to rule the following:

So long as a large part was finished (No more then 50% already finished) during the week it counts. Of course I have no way of enforcing this over then taking it at peoples (and goats) word.

antipixi

axiom":3fbnngh1 said:
Painted this guy...started Sunday evening, finished last night...can I enter him or am I disqualified for starting too early? ;)

FlackScorgull_zpsccfb63ed.jpg

Disqualify him!!! His model is far to nice; it was clearly started weeks ago! (This is not me trying to diminish the competition so my entry looks at least reasonable, at all!)

Back