Challenge Weeks

Chico

So as you may know I happen to run the Challenge Weeks, so far 4 have been run and completed:

Ork Week
Stuntie Week
Big Guy Week
Wild Card Week

Now what would you be interested for the next challenge week (Sci-Fi, Race specific ect) and would you all like a few weeks gap before starting the next challenge?

Also any other feedback you could give (other then a week is too short) will be listen too and might be taken into account (Or laughed at heh)

- Chico

Ti Pouchon

Might I make so bold as to suggest "vehicle week"?
Anything on wheels or tracks, from chariots to land raiders, any scale.

Chico

Ti Pouchon":2euasj91 said:
Might I make so bold as to suggest "vehicle week"?
Anything on wheels or tracks, from chariots to land raiders, any scale.

No because nobody likes you! heh, I'll add it to the list of suggestions :)

smiler

Maybe once a month would be easier to keep up with, maybe that's just me though :) it'd be easier to come up with themes too.

A vehicle week is a good suggestion. Maybe a magician/psyker week, or a just a character model week.

Chico

Well it's staying as a week, longer challenges just means people putting it off and then forgetting about it as another shiny project gets started. The idea with a single week is too motivate you to paint a figure or 2 at a time rather then say a unit and never getting it done.

Theres been a fair few ideas for this on the FB group, so I have plenty of ideas stoked up now :)

Thanks all.

smiler

i meant one week each month instead of every other week, I like the short time span :) keeps me focused!

Looking forward to the next one, hopefully I'll be able to get involved!

phreedh

A few suggestions:

Space-man week. Models looking like they belong on a space ship or a docking bay.
Vintage-but-not-Citadel week. Well, rather selfexplanatory. Can make a nice excuse to paint up that odd Heartbreaker or Grenadier model you've had for ages but can't get rid of.
Wild kingdoms week. Any animal found in the wilds. Most of us have tons of rats, wolves and whatnots to paint that we NEVER get around to.
Civilian week. Non combatant models. Same as above.
Nudehammer week. Models with their dangly bits exposed. No motivation needed.
2014 week. A model released this year. Can make for a fun excercise to actually FIND one to paint for many of us.
Creepy crawlies week. Anything insectoid. See wild kingdoms above... I have TONS of spiders, scorpions, beetles and bugs. They need paint.

Chico

phreedh":249geqp2 said:
A few suggestions:

Space-man week. Models looking like they belong on a space ship or a docking bay.
Vintage-but-not-Citadel week. Well, rather selfexplanatory. Can make a nice excuse to paint up that odd Heartbreaker or Grenadier model you've had for ages but can't get rid of.
Wild kingdoms week. Any animal found in the wilds. Most of us have tons of rats, wolves and whatnots to paint that we NEVER get around to.
Civilian week. Non combatant models. Same as above.
Nudehammer week. Models with their dangly bits exposed. No motivation needed.
2014 week. A model released this year. Can make for a fun excercise to actually FIND one to paint for many of us.
Creepy crawlies week. Anything insectoid. See wild kingdoms above... I have TONS of spiders, scorpions, beetles and bugs. They need paint.

Some good ideas they Mr Phreedh, the 2014 one leads itself to when OC's gets his toys into production :)

Asslessman":249geqp2 said:
Wild kingdoms and space man week for me please.

I do accept bribes to um help choose Weeks. But I'm pretty sure your'll like the next Challenge Week.

Asslessman

Chico":3sz3ieew said:
I do accept bribes to um help choose Weeks. But I'm pretty sure your'll like the next Challenge Week.

Count it as a bribe or not but there's a stout for you if we meet at BOYL ;)

Back