Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Rob_S

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Asslessman

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tp_1983

My Lords, Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls, Members of the Committee, it is with very great pleasure that I present to you the four entries in the Chaos Warband Painting Competition.

For those that don't know, a brief recap of the rules: each entrant created a Chaos Warband according to the rules laid done in that magnificent tome: Realm of Chaos. These warbands were then entered into a metaphorical hat, and each entrant given someone else's creation.

Of the eight who started this journey, four fell by the wayside. Four though completed their task and I here by offer up their efforts for you, the Oldhammer community at large to vote upon.

Firstly we have, all the way from Canada, former bantam weight champion of the wooooorld: Plaiecevile.

Human wizard lvl 10

4 humans

6 chaos dwarfs

4 half orcs

Next, a man who needs no introduction, one-time-travelling-toothpaste-salesman-turned-Indian-rubber-man, Porkaborg

Level 10 Human – Hunchback
4 Beastmen
5 Cultists – Multiple Heads (either on one or all, your choice)
4 Slann

Z5lgYs8.jpg

Third up, a man known to many as simply 'Hairy Peter', all the way from the antipodes, a Rob S

Warband 8 – Rob_S
Lvl 20 Human Hero
Gift of Slaanesh (+1/+10 WP)
Pin Head

4 Chaos Goblins
Eyestalks

That should throw up some interesting conversions!

proxy

Last and, even though he's French, not least, I give to you the mighty 'I've never been near a goat, honest guv' Asslessmam

Champion of Slaanesh
Human 10 Wizard (rolled 71, upgraded him to lv10 for survivability)
Gift: Willpower increase (Slaanesh). Second gift to be decided upon by painter.
Trait: Short legs (first rolled silly voice, then short legs - decided short legs was funnier from a modeling point of view)
Trait: Spits acid

Retinue:
• 3 Dark Elf (light armour, hand weapon, crossbow)
• 12 Chaos Cultists (handweapon, shield, no physical attributes)
• 2 Minotaurs (fudged. Rolled 4 orcs - didn't feel very Slaaneshi, so rerolled and got 2 minotaurs. Perfect!)
SS851922.JPG

The voting lines are now open!

(Voting closes on 8th May at 2200hrs. Do not vote after this time as your vote will not be counted but you may still be charged. In case of a draw the winner wil, be decided by a bare fist fight to the death. Judges desicion. Is final. Any attempt to bribe said judge with bottles of expensive drink will be looked upon very favourably)

Just John

Great work guys. Its tough to choose a winner so I've decided to wait awhile, have a think about it and wait for the bribes to roll in. Remember: bribe early and bribe often !

Just John

I didn't notice him at first but that's brilliant p-borg! It actually highlights the only problem with the photos - the smaller retinue has a clearer photo. Maybe if theres another one more photos of the larger bands should be shown.

Asslessman

You can see more photos and the full background behind the band HERE

My vote goes to Porkaborg for the great variety he managed to give to the band while linking them all and for the excellent level of painting.

To be honest, I'm impressed by what all the others managed to come up with in terms of ideas and painting level and it is very refreshing to see so many distinctive styles just like in good old days. 8-)

May I ask those who didn't make it in time to send us some eye candy to participate too? :roll:

SS851925.JPG

SS851926.JPG

SS851924.JPG

SS851923.JPG

cheetor

Im not voting, its too hard a decision to make. I would be thrilled to play with or against any of these warbands. The different painting styles and approaches are each full of their own merits and really the only differences between them are matters of taste and prference.

Great work guys. Do a 40K one next.

Chico

Good Job everyone, they are all great but there is indeed one stand out for me and they got my vote :)

Plaiecivile

Asslessman, Porkoborg, Rob_S, I offer my sincere congratulations for going all the way through this challenge!
To the ones who did not make it, I hope we will eventually see your entries, your hard work should not be ignored.

cheetor":21v9sspr said:
... The different painting styles and approaches are each full of their own merits and really the only differences between them are matters of taste and prference.

I could not have put it into better words, and I believe that is why Porkaborg is on the way to crush the competition. That warband really catches the painting style from the end of the '80s, which is quite what this forum is all about! ;)

Porkaborg

Thanks everybody im very honored by all the votes since the level of competition is very high!

One little thing tho , my names is Porkaborg not Porkoborg heheh

Chico

Porkaborg":34rlijc0 said:
One little thing tho , my names is Porkaborg not Porkoborg heheh

In my mind I've always read your name as poke-a-bird...No idea why but I thought i'd share hehe

Porkaborg

Hahah i isnt you fault it is TP's he wrote it in the voting table heh. Hahah Chico , borg means castle in danish and porka is a cute name for pork ! So pork castle , the most deicious place on earth!

Back