SparkFang's Goblins - project log

JP.

Alongside my Advanced Heroquest and Blood Bowl projects, I'm putting together a new Goblin army for Warhammer Fantasy 3rd edition (+ Kings Of War). The reason for this was coming across Black Hat Miniatures and their gorgeous Goblins (sculpted I think in large part by Kev Adams.

These are beautiful models so full of character and I can't wait to get the first regiment. I'm probably going to do a Tale Of Four Gamers style and have a set budget every month. Anyway you can read about this here: http://jonathan-peace.weebly.com/1/post ... oblin.html

JP

Attachments

• Goblin Archers.jpg
    Goblin Archers.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,106
  • Goblin Wolf Riders.jpg
    Goblin Wolf Riders.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3,106

JP.

So today I ordered the shaman model plus a command group from Black Hat but even better snagged a real bargain on ebay: 16 4th edition Goblin spearmen and 16 4th edition Night Goblin archers all for the princely sum of £5.82 including postage.

To celebrate I've put together my Troll unit including custom made movement tray. Will post a pic when I can.

ooh nice those black hat goblins are really cool, and you did a great job painting them, looking forward to see more stuff

JP.

That's the first lot of models assembled, along with their movement trays. In the last two weeks I have acquired a nice sized force of Goblins, made up from the 4th edition set of Warhammer. Add to that some Mantic Trolls and some plastic Black Orcs and I'm nearly ready to start painting.

1920565_244228672427335_82810892311298273_n.jpg

Apologies for the photo. I need to get some lights and create a proper lightbox for taking mini pics - and doing a lot if readingup on how to do so in the meantime.

Anyway, Just need to get 4 more command groups and a regiment of wolf riders from Black Hat Miniatures.

Cheers
JP

Porkaborg

I think its a fantastic idea to use the old plastics like that , but on the other hand those mantic trolls are the most horrible piece of turd i have ever laid eyes on in my opinion.
Looking forward to see alot of green :mrgreen: !

Back