Old World Army Challenge 3

Wasn't sure whether to post in my own ongoing thread, or in the Painting Challenges section. I'm hoping that some of the other participants in the Old World Army Challenge are on here and might want to share.

Old World Army Challenge? OWAC? I joined in the second year. It's a challenge/motivation to paint some of your old Warhammer figures. The idea is to paint a min. of 1000 pts. over the course of 6 months -- 200 per month, with one "pass" month.

Last year I finally painted the majority of the Sea Elf contingent I had planned for many years, as a part of my Marienburg/Althammer project. This year I'm painting Wood Elves. They work in to the story of my Althammer setting as a minor force....

https://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot. ... s-278.html

Photos, words, and a bit of background at the link to the OWAC entry above. A quick pic of what I did this month (figures and terrain) below.

IMG_20200126_195418.jpg

A few other January entries are already posted, with (many) more coming this week. Introduction posts are all up. If you haven't already been to the site, there are two previous years to ogle. Oldhammer eye candy. :grin: https://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/

I guess I fit into this challenge with Skarsnick's Night Goblin army - but it's going to turn into Warlord Grom's Goblin Army, when he arrives in the mail.

The first stage is to paint all the night goblins - a big mix of Heroquest, Battlemasters, old GW plastics, Battle for Skull Pass plastics, a few metals and some real beauties of some old lead from the 80's.

It's a huge task though, as I have hundreds of models to paint - more than enough to fill a dining room table to seat 6!

Here's the challenge:

Skarsnick and Gobbla
24 Bad Moon Elites (Battlemasters) plus 3 metals
2 Netters (metals) with perhaps 3 plastic snotling clubbers each
12 Battlemasters wolf riders + 3 specials as leaders
3 metal Doom Divers assisted by a variety of gnoblars and snotlings
3- 4 swarms of snotlings (maybe)
3 metal fanatics
17 Skull Pass Night Goblin archers plus 3 command crew
34 Skull Pass Night goblin spearmen plus 3 command and shaman
23 Heroquest goblins with metal champ
1 metal jester shaman
4 Skull Pass command crew including shaman with squig
71 old GW plastic spearmen
90 old GW plastic night goblin archers with 4 metals
1 old metal shroom shaman
Grom and Niblit on his chariot with 3 Fenris wolves
3 home made trolls
1 homemade giant

I also have the skull Pass spider riders - but I don't know if I will include them or not

Flogger

I'll definitely be joining this challenge! Have an entire oldhammer/middlehammer Tzeentch Daemonic Legion to paint up :grin:

So do we all post our armies in this thread for it or start a new one titled "So and so's OWAC thread"?

I have 5th edition Bretonnians which were going to be a very similar plan. Paint $100 worth of models according to my 1990's mail order price guides. Then add $50 worth a month for 4 months (possibly adding a 6th month, more on that later). So far I have posted the first $150 worth already and am putting the final finishing touches on the next $50 worth tonight.

My addition this month is 200 points worth of Errant Knights. There are 6 of them. See here, they're the ones with a white and black flag in the middle of this army pic.

EkPaHdl.jpg

Back