Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress thread

axiom

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress threa

Typical...we have a tie on the colour scheme vote. Why is organising Oldhammerers more difficult than Blood Bowlers?!

So we now have a deadlock vote - go and express your preference :)

axiom

Right then, half an hour free last night resulted in this happy little elf. The question is, should I mount his shield on his arms, or slung on his back?

OldhammerLegacyElfNoShield_zps1a91e98b.jpg

OldhammerLegacyElfShield_zps6fb21422.jpg

More pics & a quick run through of the process on my blog.

Just John

Slung on his back. Looks 'off' with a shield and a 2 handed sword.

axiom

Just John":2p3p4bk5 said:

I blame Jes Goodwin for that particular design decision (shield AND sword on the front), but I'm inclined to agree with you John

Asslessman

Just John":16wrtfuz said:
Agreed, Sorry about that Jes... The elf looks realy good anyway.

Mister Rab

Yup, slung on his back for me as well. Nice figure, btw, I always rather liked those Goodwin elves.

phreedh

Nice conversion Jon! Agree with the others, shield on the back.

Alright I can't take it any more, I'm in!!!

I'm sure I have a couple of suitable halflings somewhere in the pile so I think I'm gonna go with one of those tiny buggers. :grin: :idea:

tp_1983

This is shaping up to be a really good little band. Having seen the painting standard of some of the entrants as well, I can't wait to win.

axiom

Paint scheme is decided - olive as the primary colour, with bone as the secondary colour :)

To my recollection I own a few halflings but they're packed away with the rest of my lead for the move tomorrow so I won't be able to identify them just yet!

I know for sure I've got this little bugger from Julie Guthrie's Personalities range floating around in the pile somewhere:
Gren-jgp-823.jpg

(Image from miniatures-workshop.com)

Olive cloak, bone trouse, might work. Nice little smooth shield too, opens up many possibilities for fancy freehand food-related designs (maybe some olives and a wheel of brie as that's what the colour scheme reminds me of :lol: )

Mostyn

Great job on the elf axiom. I didn't even notice it was a conversion until I read your blog which is the best compliment I can give. Shield on the back definitely.

Aiteal

I noticed that we didn't have a standard bearer model, so I was thinking of doing another version of this guy I did for a human saga unit with a suitable standard rather than the archer I have previously pledged for.
Thoughts?

uk6odIQ.png

I think a standard bearer is a fine idea :grin: now someone should do a musician - I've got my concept already, so it won't be me, but I think we can all agree a halfling playing a keyboard-ax is definitely the way to go.

axiom

Nice idea to do a standard. Think someone had volunteered a musician already :)

Aiteal

made a start tonight, worked on the olive green colour (or at least as close to olive green as I could manage) apologies for the blurry pics
the gambeson on the shoulders and the leggings need highlighted up to be a lighter bone colour then it's onto the wood and leather bits, although I was considering going for darker leggings like on Scarloc below and maybe go more green/bone with the standard design
then last and most importantly the standard itself, anyone have any thoughts on the standard or able to point me in the direction of a nice arrow of law design?

hdAbWRd.png
KAqMxPH.png

axiom

Fast work on the banner bearer Aiteal - he looks very nice so far!

Zhu posted some suggestions on the arrow of law in the colour scheme thread - I think most people liked the broad arrow suggestion. I can't think of any specific banner designs in that theme though - I had a quick flick through the banners in Heroes for Wargames and the Eldar banners in the Book of the Astronomicon but nothing suitable jumped out.

Asslessman

Impressive job Aiteal; I didn't expect some results form anyone this soon but it is very nice surprise. you have 6 months to work on the banner know, that's quite some time to paint some freehands !

Jeff McC

This was a fun one to paint, the restricted palette presented a nice challenge. I was a bit surprised how tricky I found painting the arrow of law, though.

Attachments

• warband 1.JPG
    warband 1.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,325
  • warband 2.JPG
    warband 2.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,325
  • warband 3.JPG
    warband 3.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,325

Aiteal

nice job Jeff :)
That arrow of law is starting to look a little like a gaol-bird motif isn't it.

Back