Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress thread

Bane

Re: Oldhammer Legacy Warband 2014 - sign up & progress threa

I'm in on this and I'll probably paint up an eleven archer....

im in, no idea what figure i'll paint yet, seemingly unlike the rest of you i dont have large piles of unpainted lead lying around ;)

Chico

This is the Half Orc I'm using:

sim5852.png

It's a Grenadier Half Orc.

axiom

Here's a question for you all; we said that the winner would do the basing. This is fine, however what do we do about pre-slotta/slotta:

a) assume the winner will remove any integral base on receipt/sculpt into their base of preference, or
b) cut any integral base off before painting (and thereby avoid any potential damage to the paint job)

What do you think?

Mister Rab

I think leave the model intact - I'll switch back and forth between trimming bases and tabs as the mood takes me, and depending on how I want to decorate the base.

Just John

Treacherous traitor that he is i find myself agreeing with Mr Rab.

Chico

If the winner wants to go to the hard work of removing the tab/integral base then that's there problem heh. They should could themselves lucky the won.

Asslessman

c) assumes the winner will just glue the integral base on his favourite washer/base/whatever with some little putty work to smooth it... ;)

I was thinking about warnishing too, what do we do ? I'd rather send the model unvarnished so that the winner gets his models varnished the same way (just like for bases)

Plaiecivile

Asslessman":nxz7etmq said:
I'd rather send the model unvarnished so that the winner gets his models varnished the same way (just like for bases)

That is right, no varnish or basing, I prefer to varnish my new warband myself :mrgreen:

ardyer

Plaiecivile":3vtvt5ap said:
Asslessman":3vtvt5ap said:
I'd rather send the model unvarnished so that the winner gets his models varnished the same way (just like for bases)

That is right, no varnish or basing, I prefer to varnish my new warband myself :mrgreen:

My only concern about not varnishing is that some of these models will be making trans-continental journeys. That's a lot of bouncing around in the hands of various postal carriers for un varnished models.

phreedh

Yeah, no varnish sounds good.

And leave the models intact. May I propose a simple, coherent basing - just so that Jon can take a nice group pic of the gang when they're all with him.

Each entry should be fully painted and based according to the WHFB3 rules - ie on a plastic 20 or 25mm base. The model shall be affixed to said base with an adhesive that facilitates removal but at the same time provides sufficient tenacity so that the model will not accidentally detach from the base. Any gap should be carefully filled with a minimal amount of easily removabel putty and the base should be painted black (including any integral cast-on base of the model).

What you say?!

And regarding trans-atlantic shipping, it doesn't matter if it's to the farm next door or transatlantic... the model should be VERY carefully packed and firmly secured within its packaging. If you wrap it in bubble wrap, tape it firmly (but not excessively, as the tape needs to be removed) and then in turn wrap that in a few layers of newspaper, then there's no chance the paintjob will be chipped as long as the parcel-within-the-parcel is firmly lodged in the final packing.

Chico

Aye no varnish.. I hate varnished figures (just my personal choice)

Porkaborg

i want in aswell! sign me up sign me up! Human knigth with halberd! I hope it isnt to late.

axiom

Welcome aboard folks - the more the merrier!

I don't think there will be any duplication issue, but I thought I'd make a note that I'm basing my entry on the original Morgana le Fay miniature. With a few tweaks here and there. Smallish ones.

Back