Chaos Warband Challenge: Final Day

Porkaborg

Re: Chaos Warband Challenge: It Begins!

Puhhhhh ive gotta find 4 slann and 5 cultist plus 4 beastmen on ebay before i can start painting… Can't we push the time limit a month more :cry:

Asslessman

4 times you say?

url

Rob_S

Fimm McCool":2i6orncb said:
Rob_S":2i6orncb said:
4 sets of eye stalks! :shock:

This will test my non-existant conversion skills. I remember a recent Dave King tutorial on making mushrooms for bases that might help.

Pin head might work if I put a 20mm head on a 28mm body yeah?

Now to come up with the bodies, models to use. :grin:

Heheh, though that looked fun! You can always use map pins for a bug-eyed look!

Neat idea. I will give that a go. Thanks! :grin:

Porkaborg

Help me out guys , im looking for suitable cultists from citadel , but I can only find the red redemtionists. Are there any other ?

tp_1983

Looks like everyone else is stealing a march on me, I've been at the in-laws all weekend, and still haven't made up my mind quite which direction to take my warband.

Oh, and lots of pictures of the process please.

Plaiecivile

Porkaborg":2lwn9uiy said:
Help me out guys , im looking for suitable cultists from citadel , but I can only find the red redemtionists. Are there any other ?

Well in my case I am using a couple chaos mages and sorcerers that do not have much equipment... but the actual multipose flagelant can be a realy good base for any cultists.
Good luck!

Asslessman

Porkaborg":pbdtlgga said:

I will be using marauder flagellants and 40k 2nd ed cultists (don't want to ue my red redemptionists for a slaanesh band 8-) ) there are 3 ranges of flagellants to pick from (last one being plastic of course) I'm pretty sure they can be useful.

Erny

Nothing says cultists have to wear robes.

Barbarian cultists of a shamanistic cult.

Assassins of a mystic cult could wear just about anything.

Knights of a military order.....

phreedh

I've also sorted out my stuff... Not the best photo there is, but hey - you get the picture.

bestar.jpg

Metal Magic C1039 Hobgoblins as orcs, C1055 Beastmen (boar and ram) as beastmen (sculpted by Olley) and a mounted chaos warrior from the 1023 Riders code, complete with a horse with too many legs for a regular non-chaotic horsie. =) The warrior is both mounted and dismounted, and he's wearing a helmet which with the right paintjob could be painted up as a beastial face (see bottom right in this pic: http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad11 ... er023f.jpg)

I will try to cut as many corners as possible, while still doing a decent job. Any ideas for slaaneshi orcs? Pale skin shifting in blue and pink? I don't want to paint them all "proper green". Or should I use a brighter, bluer, more saturated, kind of green than normal for orcs? With highlights up to near white. Could be cool too...

Need to pour over a few pages out of White Dwarf for inspiration, methinks.

Rob_S

Here's the plan.

Champion. I know I am missing the pin head. I will convert up an alt pin head champion but I have been looking for an excuse to paint this mini.
proxy

Slaaneshi chaos goblins - will try pins to eyestalks. I think the chaos bits, spikes and shells make them look the slaanesh part. The Kev Adams sculpts brings the hammery goodness.
proxy

Colour scheme kind of like the below deamonette. It will be silvers, blacks, greys and pale flesh. I never really got into the pastel thing. We will see how it goes.
proxy

Plaiecivile

So far so good,
The clean up/basing is completed exept for the leader.
I also tried my color scheme for the half orcs and it seems fine, using dark angel green, goblin green and dwarf flesh.
I will probably add a thin layer dwarf flesh to get the tone I am looking for:

Going through my boxes for suitable models made me realise I had all I needed for a custom disk of tzeentch...
Which consist of the preceding warband leader who definitely managed to miscast and got rewarded for it. :lol:
I am not too sure about the top horn on its head, seems too disproportionate...

Fimm McCool

Ok, no pictures yet but I have the basis for my warband.

Khasshoggi Breathofthewhale Furnacerot, Chaos Dwarf of Nurgle, will be built around Mantic Dwarf legs and Wargames Factory Orc warrior torso and head with much green stuffing.

Two Orc bodyguards, Yelp the wolfhandler and Scrubba the git, Wargames Factory Orc warriors with some adjustments.
Five Goblins, Chief Splargle and the lads, Plastic Warhammer Quest snots lead by the middle finger snot.
Four Cultists, Kayte Blanchette and the pallbearers, Oakbound Games Fae and a certain Gothic Amazon
Silly walk guy, Scrotonsil the Loon, Oakbound Games Fae Fool

My paint scheme will be inspired by everyone's favourite game of Orcish mayhem....

Chaos-marauders-box-cover.jpg

Porkaborg

Okay most of the warband is being shipped from evibay now , just need 1 slann and 5 cultists... can anybody help ?

phreedh

Asslessman":3073s7om said:
@ whoever rolled mine : thank you for the fish ! I think I'll stick with the silly voice, I just found the perfect theme to tie everything ;)
No problem mate, glad to keep you busy. :grin:

Asslessman

Just to show I haven't been slacking off :

My Slaanesh wizard

SS851830.JPG

3 crossbow dark elves :

SS851834.JPG

12 cultists :

SS851835.JPG

and 2 minos :

SS851839.JPG

and a mandatory group shot :

SS851841.JPG

I'll explain my choices and plans in a blogpost tomorrow...

JB, you workspace is so immaculate, how can this be...? All I have to do is sit down at my desk and the mess triples (mainly due to avalanches I'll admit).

The warband looks great, I just know you're going to give that minotaur a nice big axe, aren't you? Go on.

Chico

Looks good Mr Ass, a small niggle being your Minos and Elves look tiny :O You didn't roll up a Midget Warband by mistake? ;)

Chico":21ogphxe said:
Looks good Mr Ass, a small niggle being your Minos and Elves look tiny :O You didn't roll up a Midget Warband by mistake? ;)

Everyone looks small next to marauder figures, the flagellants have some of the largest heads of any man-sized figure the company has ever sold. Also I have old Marauder Reiksguard who are taller than some of the ogres in my collection...

Back