Chaos Warband Challenge: Final Day

tp_1983

****ENTRY NOW CLOSED****

*******************************************************************************************
We've now entered the collecting, converting, painting stage. This will last until 18th April, then a new thread will be opened for voting. Follow the entrants progress here though

*******************************************************************************************

1. Roll up a Realms of Chaos warband from either Slaves to Darkness or Lost and the Damned, Fantasy or Rogue Trader.
2. Fudging of rolls is allowed, in fact its probably encouraged.
3. If you end up with a boring warband, reroll it.
4. PM me your list by midnight 7th March.
5. I'll shuffle all the Warbands up and assign you one that somebody else has created.
6. All warbands will be posted on this thread, along with who they have been assigned to.
7. You have six weeks to find or convert appropriate miniatures, and paint them up.
8. Send me a group shot of you warband by Midnight 1st May
9. A poll will be created for voting. The contestant who receives the most votes by 2200hrs on 8th May is the winner.
10. The winner will receive a prize, to be announced at a later date.
11. If you wish you may include a short paragraph about what you were thinking when you rolled up the warband, nothing here is binding though, the recipient may ignore, change or add to it as they wish.
12. Any companies miniatures may be used, from any era.
13. You may pose you miniatures in any way you wish and include backgrounds and scenery, but this is old school, so no photoshopping afterwards.

Have fun.

Entrants:

Asslessman
Citadel Collector
Erny
Fimm McCool
Phreedh
Plaiecivile
Porkaborg
Rob_S
tp_1983

Asslessman

Re: Chaos Warband Challenge

OK, I think I'll jump in, I really have no idea if I'll be able to make it but only time will tell. I'll be working on the warband this WE.

One thing though yo don't mention is names and backgrounds. I just can't imagine rolling warbands of anonymous warriors ! Do the rollers name the warbands and characters or do the painters name them?
I think a little background would be welcome too but this can be to everyone's discretion for added flavour.
Now I just hope I won't get a warband with impossible races to get ;)

EDIT : I add my vote to Steve's just below, rollers roll and the rest is up to the builder ;)

tp_1983

Yeah, it makes more sense for the painters to come up with background. The roller could have an idea if they want, and if they include a paragraph with the warband then I will include this with the painters info. However the recipient is free to ignore, change or add to these ideas as they wish.

Also I've added a rule about what miniatures to use (ie any) and what post production is allowed on the photo (ie none)

Asslessman

tp_1983":1t83zfnv said:
Also I've added a rule about what miniatures to use (ie any) and what post production is allowed on the photo (ie none)

No PS conversions? :o
Meh, I'm better with a brush and some green stuff than with Photoshop anyway :roll:

I am keen on this.
Any guidelines about how many rewards? A 12 reward warband for example would not be something I could manage in 6 weeks.
In fact i rarely get anything from bare metal through to finished painted in less than 2 or 3 months, so it will be a tough ask, but i will give it a shot.

tp_1983

It's up to the roller. But most people seem to be sticking to orlygg's guidelines, or similar.

Asslessman

OK I rolled up my Warbandand it turns out to be a pretty interesting one. I think he has a rather good potential , quite balanced and shouldn't be too tricky to build

Just PMed to the organisator.

EDIT : Forgot the bands had to be PMed :?

Blue in VT

This seems like a lot of fun...and I like the swap Idea but my painting roster is booked solid for now. I will have to just spectate on this round.

Cheers,

Blue

antipixi

Time scale's too tight for me. :(

I look forward to see what people come up with and maybe next time...

Rob_S

I am in.

I've sent the warband via pm. The God randomly generated I have always found hard to paint convincingly so I wish whoever gets it the best if luck.

Erny

OK I think I'm up for this but I'm going hardcore by giving myself two restrictions.

Only pre '91 miniatures

And...

What ever I use has to be in my collection at the moment. No purchases, no swaps or trades.

Erny

Asslessman":2h0rm73l said:
OK I rolled up my Warbandand it turns out to be a pretty interesting one :

Champion :

MWSBSSTWIALdIntClWPPV
lvl15 champion244454139789666

OK I can't be bothered doing the maths so just tell me. Is the point value really 666 or did you just think it looked cool I'm guessing it is at least 300 points too many.

Back