Chaos Warband Challenge: Final Day

Having trouble getting anything painted? Join our monthly challenges or group projects!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:33 pm

Chaos Warband Challenge: Final Day

****ENTRY NOW CLOSED****

*******************************************************************************************
We've now entered the collecting, converting, painting stage. This will last until 18th April, then a new thread will be opened for voting. Follow the entrants progress here though

*******************************************************************************************

1. Roll up a Realms of Chaos warband from either Slaves to Darkness or Lost and the Damned, Fantasy or Rogue Trader.
2. Fudging of rolls is allowed, in fact its probably encouraged.
3. If you end up with a boring warband, reroll it.
4. PM me your list by midnight 7th March.
5. I'll shuffle all the Warbands up and assign you one that somebody else has created.
6. All warbands will be posted on this thread, along with who they have been assigned to.
7. You have six weeks to find or convert appropriate miniatures, and paint them up.
8. Send me a group shot of you warband by Midnight 1st May
9. A poll will be created for voting. The contestant who receives the most votes by 2200hrs on 8th May is the winner.
10. The winner will receive a prize, to be announced at a later date.
11. If you wish you may include a short paragraph about what you were thinking when you rolled up the warband, nothing here is binding though, the recipient may ignore, change or add to it as they wish.
12. Any companies miniatures may be used, from any era.
13. You may pose you miniatures in any way you wish and include backgrounds and scenery, but this is old school, so no photoshopping afterwards.

Have fun.

Entrants:

Asslessman
Citadel Collector
Erny
Fimm McCool
Phreedh
Plaiecivile
Porkaborg
Rob_S
tp_1983
Last edited by tp_1983 on Thu May 01, 2014 10:40 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:43 pm

Re: Chaos Warband Challenge

I like this idea! I'm up for the challenge.

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:45 pm

For simplicity I will probably follow Orlygg's warband generator:

http://realmofchaos80s.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... n-and.html

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm

OK, I think I'll jump in, I really have no idea if I'll be able to make it but only time will tell. I'll be working on the warband this WE.

One thing though yo don't mention is names and backgrounds. I just can't imagine rolling warbands of anonymous warriors ! Do the rollers name the warbands and characters or do the painters name them?
I think a little background would be welcome too but this can be to everyone's discretion for added flavour.
Now I just hope I won't get a warband with impossible races to get ;)

EDIT : I add my vote to Steve's just below, rollers roll and the rest is up to the builder ;)
Last edited by Asslessman on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 pm

I vote that the rollers just do the rolling and the person taking on the warband does everything else?

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Yeah, it makes more sense for the painters to come up with background. The roller could have an idea if they want, and if they include a paragraph with the warband then I will include this with the painters info. However the recipient is free to ignore, change or add to these ideas as they wish.

Also I've added a rule about what miniatures to use (ie any) and what post production is allowed on the photo (ie none)

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:26 pm

tp_1983 wrote:Also I've added a rule about what miniatures to use (ie any) and what post production is allowed on the photo (ie none)

No PS conversions? :o
Meh, I'm better with a brush and some green stuff than with Photoshop anyway :roll:

Grand Buffoon of the Highest Order

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Sounds like fun, I'm in.

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am

I am in on this maternal copulator! Sounds like good fun.
Next

Return to Painting Challenges